Simon

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Simon
Just had this battery grip arrive. I've fairly big hands and although I really don't need it's functionality too much it is an absolute JOY to have fitted to the camera. For general handling I can't see me taking it off. I should add that I have arthritis and so the larger surface area to grip, even though it adds weight, makes it much easier to keep a hold of it.

Now... does anybody know anything about firmware and if it ever needs updating on them?

Cheers

Si

Attachments

• tempImage2SwTpc.jpg
    tempImage2SwTpc.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 90
  • tempImageCoJiK4.jpg
    tempImageCoJiK4.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 80
Good call. I always go for a battery grip on my camera bodies. I feel the body looks unfinished without one and the ergonomics are so much better regardless of hand size. Plus I never worry about battery life. I haven't heard of firmware existing for the grip, but you've got me curious.

Couldn't find an update for the BG-R10 in the US site UK Site, or Canada site. As I don't read Japanese couldn;t find one there.

Thank you for sharing this! I've been on the fence about the grip, this helps. I have the PD Slide, too. I see your anchor on the bottom, do you have the clutch as well? If so, how does it work with the grip? I love the extra stability it provides with the larger lenses.

I bought the grip as well, I always seem to get a grip even though I don’t use them that often. I really like that the R5 and R6 both use the same grip.

I bit the bullet. It's scheduled to arrive Sunday. Now I ponder buying batteries #5 and 6. 🤔💰💰💰

Thank you for sharing this! I've been on the fence about the grip, this helps. I have the PD Slide, too. I see your anchor on the bottom, do you have the clutch as well? If so, how does it work with the grip? I love the extra stability it provides with the larger lenses.
I've got the clutch but haven't used it. I've struggled a bit using it and having the freedom to move my thumb around all teh bottons and dials. I may have set it up badly. You've nudged me into digging it out and trying it again.

Grip is awesome for stability isn't it!

Good call. I always go for a battery grip on my camera bodies. I feel the body looks unfinished without one and the ergonomics are so much better regardless of hand size. Plus I never worry about battery life. I haven't heard of firmware existing for the grip, but you've got me curious.
I found that theres firmware listed in the 'update firmware' menu option on camera too.

Attachments

• tempImage2W1PST.jpg
    tempImage2W1PST.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 79
Doh! The battery grip was sitting in my Canon UK basket and is now out of stock! As you've clearly got the one I was going to have, can I borrow it please? :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back