Battery Grip - BG-R10

Doh! The battery grip was sitting in my Canon UK basket and is now out of stock! As you've clearly got the one I was going to have, can I borrow it please? :)
There’s stock at Clifton camera still with the battery!

Thank you for sharing this! I've been on the fence about the grip, this helps. I have the PD Slide, too. I see your anchor on the bottom, do you have the clutch as well? If so, how does it work with the grip? I love the extra stability it provides with the larger lenses.
So I’ve just tried fitting the clutch again.
I have anchors on the top of the camera to swap the Slide from side carry to neck carry (for video). Is there a way that you’ve attached the clutch to the camera but also keep the anchor on the too?

As for positioning the clutch doesn’t seem to get in the way of the controls on the battery grip. (pic 2)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 74
I bit the bullet. It's scheduled to arrive Sunday. Now I ponder buying batteries #5 and 6. 🤔💰💰💰
I usually get aftermarket grips, but they just now have released for the original R. Could be a couple more years before R5/R6 hilt the market.

Doh! The battery grip was sitting in my Canon UK basket and is now out of stock! As you've clearly got the one I was going to have, can I borrow it please? :)
Oh no!! I had that happen with an R6 body, the Ef-R adapter and the 85mm lens. You can't sit on any of this RF gear or you miss out.

So I’ve just tried fitting the clutch again.
I have anchors on the top of the camera to swap the Slide from side carry to neck carry (for video). Is there a way that you’ve attached the clutch to the camera but also keep the anchor on the too?

As for positioning the clutch doesn’t seem to get in the way of the controls on the battery grip. (pic 2)
I have the clutch attached at top right and the PD arca swiss mount bottom right. The slide attaches to the camera at top left and the PD mount bottom left. Does that make sense? You can kind-of see it in my profile pic. I usually only use the slide when handling the 85mm lens because it's so danged big.

It came and I love it. Only drawback is weight. With the 85 1.2, the camera weights 5.6lbs, so I'll be lifting weights. LOL
As has been said, it's better balanced, though and it allows me to use the native quick release on my tripod with the built in safety locks, which I'm very grateful for. Very well worth the price.

(cheesy 'portrait mode' pics taken with iPhone.)

Attachments

• Camera1.jpg
    Camera1.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Camera2.jpg
    Camera2.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 64
I've had grips on all my cameras as I've got large hands, even with a chunky DSLR I've got nowhere for my little finger to go. There's an option to update the firmware of the grip in camera but not seen any updates from Canon for it so far. I can't think what a firmware update could do for a grip though.

Just had this battery grip arrive. I've fairly big hands and although I really don't need it's functionality too much it is an absolute JOY to have fitted to the camera. For general handling I can't see me taking it off. I should add that I have arthritis and so the larger surface area to grip, even though it adds weight, makes it much easier to keep a hold of it.

Now... does anybody know anything about firmware and if it ever needs updating on them?

Cheers

Si
Simon, I have the battery grip as I've had with all my cameras. As far as I know there is no software update for it as yet.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back