Benro rhino tripod

I use the Benro Gimbal with a R6 , once you get used to the gimbal you'll never dream of going back to a a ball & socket!
Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to hear 😀

I keep hearing how light the R5 is with the 100 - 500 and that it can be used hand held.... but I have a constant hand shake from years of asthma sprays and just cannot hold them still, or get those amazing sharp shots. So, I'm looking for a great tripod setup for bird photos (and everything I shoot). I think I'm almost settled on the Benro, not sure which is best but like the rhino and the bat models. I don't Like ball heads as I'm frightened the lens will drop forward so looking at the Benro GH5C gimbal. Does anyone have any experience of using a gimbal With the R5?
Consider a Monopod with a tilt head.

Consider a Monopod with a tilt head.
Yes I am interested in a monopod, I've seen some of the Benro tripods also convert to a monopod which sounds a sensible Idea. I'm not sure about using a tilt head for bird photography but would like one for other subjects. The wish list keeps growing 😀

Yes I am interested in a monopod, I've seen some of the Benro tripods also convert to a monopod which sounds a sensible Idea. I'm not sure about using a tilt head for bird photography but would like one for other subjects. The wish list keeps growing 😀
My Benro Rhino does convert to monopod, which I use for flexibility, but I take the ball head off. This limits my angles, of course. I do need to find a good alternative that's not too expensive as I don't use it that often. The ballhead would be fine for just the camera and, say, a 50mm lense, but with a larger lens, the grip, a bracket, etc., it gets too heavy to trust on the monopod.

That's helpful. I'm looking for something to hold the R5 and 100 - 500 plus x2 extender steady. I like the idea of a gimbal, the videos showing the balance are very convincing. I think the Benro rhino tripod (plus monopod conversion) with a ball head, and a gimbal in addition will cover all options. Thank you 😀 Unless someone has another suggestion of course.

That's helpful. I'm looking for something to hold the R5 and 100 - 500 plus x2 extender steady. I like the idea of a gimbal, the videos showing the balance are very convincing. I think the Benro rhino tripod (plus monopod conversion) with a ball head, and a gimbal in addition will cover all options. Thank you 😀 Unless someone has another suggestion of course.
I like the video, too. The tripod is nice and sturdy. We have the R5 and R6, and the 100-500 as well, although we don't have extenders. I can only imagine the balance issues with that combination. The VX30 ballhead will tend to sag if used in portrait position for extended periods, so I got an L bracket. Problem solved there. But like you say, the gimbal seems ideal.

The till head allows you to tilt the camera up and down. While you pan by rotating the monopod. Whereas a loose ballhead (for tracking a bird) allows the cam to flop sideways. I use this one,
but there are others. I use the

Leofoto MP-365C 5 Section CF Travel Monopod Carbon Fiber 69" Tall 1/4" & 3/8"​

Heavy duty, no flex. With the arca plate on the lens foot and the Sirui tilt head I easily use a Canon 10-440 L IS with the 1.4x extender on this rig.

I used to use the Benro gimbal head on the monopod, but found it easier to use the tilt head and rotate the monopod for panning. When I move to a new location, I just put the monopod on my shoulder and go.

The till head allows you to tilt the camera up and down. While you pan by rotating the monopod. Whereas a loose ballhead (for tracking a bird) allows the cam to flop sideways. I use this one,
but there are others. I use the

Leofoto MP-365C 5 Section CF Travel Monopod Carbon Fiber 69" Tall 1/4" & 3/8"​

Heavy duty, no flex. With the arca plate on the lens foot and the Sirui tilt head I easily use a Canon 10-440 L IS with the 1.4x extender on this rig.

I used to use the Benro gimbal head on the monopod, but found it easier to use the tilt head and rotate the monopod for panning. When I move to a new location, I just put the monopod on my shoulder and go.
Nice! And it's $10 off through tomorrow.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back