johnburton

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
John Burton
City/State
Branson, Missouri
I'm looking for a super fast wide angle lens for vlogging. Prime is OK but zoom is preferred. Something like a 22 1.8ish would be perfect. Oh, and less that $700. Any options?
I had a Sigma 16mm 1.4 for my M50 that was cheap ($399) and AWESOME! Looking for something similar.

Well in RF lenses you are pretty limited right now... You have the following choices:

Rokinon AF 14mm F2.8 - looks like it goes for $699
Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 - looks like it goes for $629
Canon 35mm F1.8 - looks like it goes for $599

Otherwise you could do a lens like the Sigma you had with a EF to RF converter. The Canon 15-35 F2.8 is a fantastic lens I really like it but it is a lot more then $700 :)

Just received my Canon RF 16mm F2.8 STM yesterday. This would meet all of your requirements, and is priced at $410 here in Canada. Cheers!

I think the RF 16mm f2.8 is a terrific lens for the money. If you want something faster, I use an EF 24mm f1.4 that is terrific as well, but for vlogging the f1.4 might not have the depth you desire. With that much glass, you’ll have options. Please be sure to post what you decide, I’ll be curious.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back