Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Chris Davison
Hello all,
Trying to shoot a Movie with a brightly lit, stationary subject.
Using bright white lights to make the subject’s face and eyes glow.

By default, have been using Autoexposure Recording for movies.
Problem is that once we turn on all of the lights, Autoexposure automatically darkens the image since it senses that the subject is overlit.

Switched to Manual Exposure Recording and that resolved the image darkening issue but then it created a noticeable flicker.
We want to stay with bright white lights (for the aesthetic) and are wondering how to get rid of the flicker?
There is an Anti-flicker setting for Still Photos but not for Movies.

Any and all thoughts and feedback most gratefully appreciated.

Hi, the suggested shutter speeds to remove flicker in the US are 1/50 or 1/100...do you know what you are shooting at?.....PB

Hi, thanks for the reply. You're suggesting that in Manual Exposure Recording that I slow my shutter speed down to 1/100 or less?

Hi....almost everything you read says shutter speed should be twice the frame rate .....so 50 if shooting 24fps..etc.....giving the most natural look without stuttering video or flickering lights...there are many you tube videos explaining the best settings.

Right then, will give that a go. Shooting at 30fps at the moment though could reduce to 24fps to give a more filmic look. Thanks Peter, most kind of you.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back