Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Barry Kwiatkowski
City/State
Eckville
As a newbie to the RF Shooters Forum I’ve really been enjoying everything about the forum, but I did notice one thing missing. Shopping links for Canadian retailers. I’m sure B&H Photo (USA), Adorama (USA) and Wex Photo (UK) are great camera retailers, for their respective countries, but there wasn’t anything listed for us Canadians. The links weren’t all inclusive and this is an all inclusive forom. I brought this to the attention of Timothy Mayo, Administrator RF Shooters and he was kind enough to include the first Canadian retailer, Broadway Camera (they operate out of British Columbia, for those that don’t already know). This isn’t a promotion for Broadway Camera, but a call out to other Canadians, on the forum, that would like to see more reputable Canadian retailers mentioned on the site. Do not get me wrong, I’m a firm believer in “support your local camera dealers first”, but on the off chance that that local dealer does not carry what you need, for camera gear, it would be nice to see what others are using. I brought Broadway Camera into the picture because my local retailer, McBain Camera (Hint to Tim: https://www.mcbaincamera.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo_a02ZXt-wIVRwytBh33QgkzEAAYASAAEgJgkvD_BwE) did carry the gear I was looking for at the time. Great camera retailer, but small store in my location. So, if you would like to see more Canadian retailers, linked on the site, let me know. I can’t add them myself, but I’m sure Tim will be watching the replies even though his wife has him taking care of his kids:) Have a great day everyone!

There's also Vistek.ca (operating inseveral cites in Canada), and here in Manitoba, we have PhotoCentral.ca(my Fav) and Don's Photo.

Vistek and Don’s I’ve checked out in the past. Both good. Checked out your PhotoCentral.ca and I like it! Easy to navigate and well stocked. Not sure if Admin will add to forum, but never you never know. Meanwhile, I think I’ll add PhotoCentral to my favourites. Thank for your input and Happy New Year!

Vistek and Don’s I’ve checked out in the past. Both good. Checked out your PhotoCentral.ca and I like it! Easy to navigate and well stocked. Not sure if Admin will add to forum, but never you never know. Meanwhile, I think I’ll add PhotoCentral to my favourites. Thank for your input and Happy New Year!
I just got my R6ii from PhotoCentral, and have bought our 5Diii and Sigma lenses there. They've been very good to us.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back