Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mara Lee
City/State
Atlanta, GA
With a shout out to JP Davis for his thread regarding new lenses and Trevor Stevenson giving a name to the malady, I think there really IS a need for a support group. Today my dear husband, also a photographer, but who has been without a camera since he gave his to his son decides he wants to replace it with an R5. Today.

So online I go, ordering his R5 to complement my R6 along with a battery grip and a spare battery for starters. It's already been shipped 2nd day air and will be here in time for us to go to the Georgia Renaissance Faire together on Saturday before he has to leave for New Jersey. Which, incidentally, is where the camera is being shipped from.

Yeah, Hubby belongs in this support group as well.

So again I ask, who is bringing the damned donuts? 😂

Anyone else have toys they're waiting on? Again?

That's funny. Been there. It hurts to wait!

Sounds like the Atalanta Chapter of NEDAA is alreday flourishing.

I'm waiting on a flash diffuser from Slovakia. 21 days and counting. But in the UK we are really well practiced at waiting for things since the start of 2021, so not worrying too much, yet.

Sounds like the Atalanta Chapter of NEDAA is alreday flourishing.

I'm waiting on a flash diffuser from Slovakia. 21 days and counting. But in the UK we are really well practiced at waiting for things since the start of 2021, so not worrying too much, yet.
We're such a spoiled lot here in the US. I used to work for Amazon's customer service, and if people didn't receive their orders WITHIN 2 days, they were demanding compensation, not realizing the "Two-Day Shipping" means two days are business days AFTER the order leaves the fulfillment center. We've totally forgotten what it was like back when we had to wait the typical 6-8 weeks anytime we ordered anything.

That said, I'm anxiously awaiting UPS's arrival today after ordering an R5 body and grip for my husband on Wednesday. I'm just as impatient as the rest. I DID however, pay for 2nd Day Air so he'd have it before he has to leave again. 😁

Haha! I'm probably buying my R5 next friday, and I think I'm just going to take the day off work to drive down into NYC and buy it in person at B&H. No worrying about when it will ship, and when it will arrive. They get my money, I get my R5 and can immediately run outside and play.

Ha! You late adopters don’t know what it means to have to wait.

”Waahhh, 2nd day air. I ordered on Wednesday and it won’t be here til Friday”

When I wanted an R5 I had to wait on a list for three shipments from the distributors. It was months before my camera was shipped and when it shipped it was from Canada, Canada Post Ground, in the snow, up hill, one way, through customs, to USPS! It took 8 calendar days to get from Toronto to Seattle.

instant this, instant that has made all you whippersnappers soft I tell ya.

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Congrats, I agree waiting is the pits I bet you are both loving those new bodies I know I am.

Haha! I'm probably buying my R5 next friday, and I think I'm just going to take the day off work to drive down into NYC and buy it in person at B&H. No worrying about when it will ship, and when it will arrive. They get my money, I get my R5 and can immediately run outside and play.
Don't forget you need to charge the batteries! It takes a couple hours to get a full charge. Looking back, I would order spares from Amazon (they're good to have anyway) and have them charged ahead of time. We have the Neewer ones I'll link below, the camera recognizes them as OEM and they and the dual chargers work great. Two batteries and the charger for less than one OEM battery and with one day Prime shipping.

Ha! You late adopters don’t know what it means to have to wait.

”Waahhh, 2nd day air. I ordered on Wednesday and it won’t be here til Friday”

When I wanted an R5 I had to wait on a list for three shipments from the distributors. It was months before my camera was shipped and when it shipped it was from Canada, Canada Post Ground, in the snow, up hill, one way, through customs, to USPS! It took 8 calendar days to get from Toronto to Seattle.

instant this, instant that has made all you whippersnappers soft I tell ya.

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Congrats, I agree waiting is the pits I bet you are both loving those new bodies I know I am.
LOL! I remember when ANYTHING ordered was ordered by catalog (pre-internet) and you had to wait a minimum of 6 weeks to get it. No such thing as tracking, either. We've all gotten spoiled! 😁

So I think I've made a mistake. Finally decided on a date when I was going to buy my R5. Went and dropped about $1K on CF express cards. Planning on driving to B&H this Friday to buy the camera and grip.... But instead of avoiding the day or two of anticipation waiting on it to arrive from B&H I've just set myself up for a whole week of anticipating going down there to buy it lol!

At least this way I can take a couple buddies with me who've never been to B&H in person. Will be like bringing a couple kids into Toys R Us for the first time.

*Hands JP a donut and gestures to an empty chair.*

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back