Calling to Order: the NEDAA (New Equipment Day Anxiety Anonymous) Meeting

I would like to propose that there is a basic severe underlying problem that we all have and that we all need to face the fact that we all have a bad case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). Unfortunately (?) for most photographers it is problem that doesn't get better with age and leads to many bouts of NEDAA.

The best thing about GAS and NEDAA is that when satisfied, even though for short periods of time, it leads to large releases of endorphins and bouts of unrestrained joy and happiness.

That is, until we see something else we just *have* to get.

Speak for yourself, Hali! I do NOT have this... this... "GAS." I don't!

😂😂😂

BoxesSM.jpg

Speak for yourself, Hali! I do NOT have this... this... "GAS." I don't!

😂😂😂

View attachment 3583
You are well on the start of having a bad case of GAS my friend!

My friend Penelope calls me the "Princess of Many Things"

IMG-7450.jpg

I have no idea why she does that.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (Oh and ignore the gold boxes to the left .... I have a mixed marriage, my husband shoots Nikon :oops::eek:)

You are well on the start of having a bad case of GAS my friend!

My friend Penelope calls me the "Princess of Many Things"

View attachment 3584

I have no idea why she does that.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (Oh and ignore the gold boxes to the left .... I have a mixed marriage, my husband shoots Nikon :oops::eek:)
LMAO @ the teeth! I don't think I could do that kind of mixed marriage. Mine is bi-racial which is lovely, but Canon and Nikon? I think that would be too difficult in today's social climate. 😂

I do have much more stuff. Too many stuffs. I took the photo above (you can't tell, but it's even focus stacked) because there's a guy in a Facebook group that constantly complains about people posting their Canon boxes when their new gear arrives as if he finds it impossible to scroll on by. The next time I see him complain, I'm going to post it and tag him.

LMAO @ the teeth! I don't think I could do that kind of mixed marriage. Mine is bi-racial which is lovely, but Canon and Nikon? I think that would be too difficult in today's social climate. 😂

I do have much more stuff. Too many stuffs. I took the photo above (you can't tell, but it's even focus stacked) because there's a guy in a Facebook group that constantly complains about people posting their Canon boxes when their new gear arrives as if he finds it impossible to scroll on by. The next time I see him complain, I'm going to post it and tag him.
Oh man, I should dig out all my boxes. As an IT person by trade I have long had a habit of keeping boxes, spare cables of all types, manuals, etc.. I broke myself of that a few years ago of everything except my photo equipment, and I justify that by saying it helps with the resale value. But I ran out of space to store all the Canon boxes and had to move them out into dedicated bins in the garage.

Oh man, I should dig out all my boxes. As an IT person by trade I have long had a habit of keeping boxes, spare cables of all types, manuals, etc.. I broke myself of that a few years ago of everything except my photo equipment, and I justify that by saying it helps with the resale value. But I ran out of space to store all the Canon boxes and had to move them out into dedicated bins in the garage.
That's a whole 'nuther support group, I'm afraid. I have all my old iPhone boxes back to the 6. Four and five went with the phones, I think. I finally just parted with my '15 iMac box - had to keep it because we moved - in 2017. LOL

The Canon boxes I WILL keep because if I ever sell them and need to ship, they'll go with their internal packing and manuals/warranty cards, etc.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I think the mixed camera models makes it worse than the mixed religions of our marriage! We are totally socially unacceptable, lol!

I thought about taking the teeth out, but then I wondered how many would actually notice them :LOL:!

I keep all my boxes, most are scattered around the house, I'm trying to herd them all into that one area in the basement. As Maralee said, they are perfect for shipping in, and lots of buyers want the original boxes even if it's a local sale. I keep my iPhone boxes too, until I sell the phone. Except for my original iPhone, I'm keeping that big brick of a thing. I have no idea why, maybe I'm hoping someone will want it for an iPhone museum someday? 😝

It sounds like that guy has gear envy (yet another support group for most of us to belong to)!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I think the mixed camera models makes it worse than the mixed religions of our marriage! We are totally socially unacceptable, lol!

I thought about taking the teeth out, but then I wondered how many would actually notice them :LOL:!

I keep all my boxes, most are scattered around the house, I'm trying to herd them all into that one area in the basement. As Maralee said, they are perfect for shipping in, and lots of buyers want the original boxes even if it's a local sale. I keep my iPhone boxes too, until I sell the phone. Except for my original iPhone, I'm keeping that big brick of a thing. I have no idea why, maybe I'm hoping someone will want it for an iPhone museum someday? 😝

It sounds like that guy has gear envy (yet another support group for most of us to belong to)!
As long as you're both politically compatible, you stand a chance. :ROFLMAO:

My first iPhone was a 4. I loved that little square thing. The 12s now with the square edges are reminiscent and I really want one before they round them off again. Sadly, I don't have the box anymore.

My better half is a Jamaican, long dreads, Rastafari and all. I'm a nearly transparent caucasian non-religious type. BUT, we like many of the same foods, much of the same music and we are both Canon photographers. We enable each other but help each other out, too. It's pretty nice. 😊

As long as you're both politically compatible, you stand a chance. :ROFLMAO:

My first iPhone was a 4. I loved that little square thing. The 12s now with the square edges are reminiscent and I really want one before they round them off again. Sadly, I don't have the box anymore.

My better half is a Jamaican, long dreads, Rastafari and all. I'm a nearly transparent caucasian non-religious type. BUT, we like many of the same foods, much of the same music and we are both Canon photographers. We enable each other but help each other out, too. It's pretty nice. 😊
I couldn't imagine being married to someone that was politically contrary to me. I know there are people out there who do it and make it work. They must like to fight alot. We are on the side of make peace not war in our marriage, which is why it's great we use different camera systems, :LOL: ! The way we both look at - it I never want to borrow his lenses or cameras (other than that super sweet 14-24 that Nikon makes if only I had an adapter!) and he never wants to borrow any of mine (except for my ND filters :unsure:). So when I don't immediately cap the back of one of my lenses or change lenses in the wind he can wince all he wants, but he can't complain since he doesn't have to use the gear. Win Win!

That's totally cool that you two found each other and make each other complete with who you are. That's the best thing that anyone could ever want in a relationship.

I couldn't imagine being married to someone that was politically contrary to me. I know there are people out there who do it and make it work. They must like to fight alot. We are on the side of make peace not war in our marriage, which is why it's great we use different camera systems, :LOL: ! The way we both look at - it I never want to borrow his lenses or cameras (other than that super sweet 14-24 that Nikon makes if only I had an adapter!) and he never wants to borrow any of mine (except for my ND filters :unsure:). So when I don't immediately cap the back of one of my lenses or change lenses in the wind he can wince all he wants, but he can't complain since he doesn't have to use the gear. Win Win!

That's totally cool that you two found each other and make each other complete with who you are. That's the best thing that anyone could ever want in a relationship.
I have friends who are polar opposites when it comes to politics. They have agreed to not discuss political matters in any way. I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem to make it work.

I am blessed. 😊

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back