Wibble1

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Graeme MacGregor
Has anyone else experienced their R5 freezing and locking up?
I have had a few occasions over the past weeks where the EVF won't change it's display and the Rear display freezing.
The only solution was to remove the battery compltely and power up again..
I was using the LP-E6N batteries I had with my 5Dmk4, but also had it with the supplied higher power LP-E6NH as well..

Firmware version 1.2

Ah Mr Ayling, hope you're well?, thanks for that advice .. will do that later (y):)

Has anyone else experienced their R5 freezing and locking up?
I have had a few occasions over the past weeks where the EVF won't change it's display and the Rear display freezing.
The only solution was to remove the battery compltely and power up again..
I was using the LP-E6N batteries I had with my 5Dmk4, but also had it with the supplied higher power LP-E6NH as well..

Firmware version 1.2
There are reports that the new R5 firmware 1.3.1 has some lockup issues as well but I have not experienced any so far with 1.3.0. If you don't need any of the new features in 1.3.1 such as CLOG-3 for video, I would hold off on the upgrade past 1.3.0 for a couple of weeks to see if they have identified the issues and fixed them. The Ordinary Film Maker on Youtube covers this and he has experienced the issue himself. Now that the cameras are in all respects computers with lenses, we are into the "to upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question" era of camera. JMHO

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back