Hot,hot,hot!

It's partly budget but more about justification really. How often do you really need to have two camera and lenses set up ready to go? The answer is probably not a lot for most people. A zoom such as the 100-500 covers a big area especially with 45mp's to play with and you don't need to fill the frame with the subject when you can crop, especially if it's just for personal use or the web.
My biggest fear would be the camera coming to grief and having no back up, especially when I'm on holiday in Africa and in the middle of nowhere. The R7 is not what I hoped for really so I'm left with the R3 or R6 because although having two bodies the same is seamless there is no gain either. The R3 has to perform better but the lower MP's are a worry although they didn't bother me too much when I had the 1D series cameras, it's a lot of money though and would involve extra expense of CFexpress cards too. The R6 on the other hand looses on most counts except the money!

It's partly budget but more about justification really. How often do you really need to have two camera and lenses set up ready to go? The answer is probably not a lot for most people. A zoom such as the 100-500 covers a big area especially with 45mp's to play with and you don't need to fill the frame with the subject when you can crop, especially if it's just for personal use or the web.
Unless you are in a bad environment with a lot of dust and wind.

The Kruger in October was really bad for dust, especially when a vehicle travelled past in the opposite direction but I still took my TC off and put it back on when I needed .I don't get too worried about dust on the sensor if I'm quick and careful. Ever since in built sensor cleaners have been in the camera I haven't had any problems.

Yeah, I already have two card readers. I have reached out to AB about sending the card in for an update with no results.
Check their downloads for updated firmware. it's easy to update the cards.

Check their downloads for updated firmware. it's easy to update the cards.
It's not easy if you don't have their card reader. It's not possible unless you have their branded card reader. I have a Prograde reader and a Sandisk reader. Neither work.

It's not easy if you don't have their card reader. It's not possible unless you have their branded card reader. I have a Prograde reader and a Sandisk reader. Neither work.
Yes, I stated you need their reader and I misinterpreted your email "I alreday have two readers" to mean you had two Angelbird readers. So easy for misunderstandings to happen in online communications. I hope you get a favourable resolution.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back