Canon R3 Canon R3 Focus Area

jjmmagoo

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
James Maguire
Having just started using the R3, and also being new to this forum, I am hoping, I can gather some assistance with the eye control. I have calibrated in different situations but still not overly confident using the eye control feature. I am also having difficulty using glasses with the eye control. I have searched the web looking for any ideas or suggestions.

Having just started using the R3, and also being new to this forum, I am hoping, I can gather some assistance with the eye control. I have calibrated in different situations but still not overly confident using the eye control feature. I am also having difficulty using glasses with the eye control. I have searched the web looking for any ideas or suggestions.
Can’t help you with the focusing on R3 (have anR5), but when using glasses I adjust the Dioptric adjustment knob (small knob to right of viewer). Hope that helps you.

So, after scouring the internet and almost doing a complete system reset. I have found out I am not the only person using the R3 experiencing the AF issue. One suggestion is utilizing a dual back focus system. I am intrigued by this. When using the Back focus normally as you all know I would have issues tracking the subject. Using an "A" & "B" back focus I will be able to replicate a sort of canon 1dxmk2 type of setup where the other button is next to the "AF/ON" button. Using this the "B" button can be programmed to have it set up with EYE Control off, and the AF area centered and just aim and shoot. At least this is what I am interpreting it as. I am also realizing using the camera I am learning on the spot new nuances and situations of the mirrorless world of photography. This camera is very different from the 1dxmk2. I am loving despite my earlier frustrations.

Attachments

• Port Washington  Ice Hockey 97.jpg
    Port Washington Ice Hockey 97.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Port Washington  Ice Hockey 37.jpg
    Port Washington Ice Hockey 37.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 47

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back