JoeTheSnowPlowGuy

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
AJ
Is the Canon ER-SC1 compatible with any other cameras? The hot shoes all seem to be the same. Just curious more than anything.

Is the Canon ER-SC1 compatible with any other cameras? The hot shoes all seem to be the same. Just curious more than anything.
Any other Canon camera I'd have to say a definitive probably. If the Canon Flash fits the hot shoe cover will fit. Any other non-Canon camera I'd say it's hit or miss. Doesn't fit my Minolta or Pentax.

It seems to fit on my R7 about the same as it fits on the R3, if that is any kind of answer. The shape of the body surrounding the hotshoe is similar enough (it's not just a matter of fitting the metal shoe itself). Trying it, I think it holds onto the R3 a tiny bit better than the R7, but I'm sure it would eventually fall out of either one at some point and be lost.

The R7 cover, OTOH, just fits into the shoe itself and will probably fit any Multi-Function Shoe the same way. I don't think it would stay on either camera for five minutes.

Stupid thing falls of the R3s every time I turn around, and I’ve lost four of them over the past couple of years. Why would you want to subject yourself to that?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back