Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
So what features would people like to see added to the R6 either via firmware update or a new R6 Mark II. Obviously one needs to be realistic about what's possible to add via firmware, there certainly won't be an increase in megapixels. Thanks to @Greg for suggesting this thread.

I would like to have the ability to have an external HDMI recorder and still use the EVF... losing the EVF when HDMI is connected can be ok but I would prefer to still put my eye to it instead of have to mount and watch the recorders monitor.

I'm not sure what the R6 II already address besides more MP, but this is what I wish the R6 could have:

• The ability to save all settings to a card for backup or transfer to another camera
  • The ability to customize the Q menu
  • When I customize another button to “Menu display” (like I've done to the DOF preview button), I wish that pressing the button again would act the same as the dedicated Menu button, i.e. go back a step in the menu instead of returning to shooting mode
  • The ability to shoot 4K video indefinitely without overheating (but I'm sure we all wish that)
  • The ability to scroll back to Auto ISO using a dial while metering is active. Instead, I have to lift my eye from the viewfinder, look at the screen, press Q, tap ISO, then scroll to select Auto ISO. Or at least the ability to customize a button to instantly return to Auto ISO.
  • Easier addition of items to My Menu. Ideally, the ability to add a menu item to My Menu after selecting it in another menu (like having a checkbox beside an option to "Add to My Menu"). Right now, one has to scroll through a gigantic list of ALL menu options which aren't at least even sorted by existing location (ex. SHOOT3, AF2, PLAY3, etc.). Even having them sorted by their existing location would make this easier.
Anyhow, that's all I've found about the R6 that I would improve if I could. So far it's been the most amazing camera I've ever owned.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back