Canon R6 II Canon R6M2 Double Exposure

TaSotiko

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Tarmo Sotikov
Hi there - perhaps someone could advice me to get so called "base photo" which I can use afterwards in double exposure.
Is it so that base photo must always be so called stationary object ( tree, city, building...)?

The problem is that I always have to first take at least two photos in double exp mode.
Okay - if I take base photos with tripod ( e.g. two exposures of tree ) - then I can use that later to be as base photo.
But if I want to take human as a base photo - two exposure layers together won't be sharp

If I only could use just a normal raw-photo taken with normal mode (not double exp) as a base photo - is it possible?
Now the base photo must be taken in double exp mode.
Perhaps my settings aren't right?

In camera double exposures are something I have tried but don't do on the regular. It's an art form in and of itself and I just don't have the will to spend the time required to say that "I did this in the camera". There's a special way of thinking and planning to get it done, both from a framing and exposure point of view. If it's something you really want to do to express yourself then I encourage you to take the rest of this with a grain of salt.

For me, I'd rather do it in post. Find two photos and play with blend modes and layer masks to get the effect I want - which I still don't do that often. The way I see it, unless you're submitting the photo to a contest that demands proof that it was done in-camera then the viewer will likely never know how it was done. Sure, less self-satisfaction. But probably only a little.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back