Canon raises prices RF lenses included

Hi Roger, the US price of the RF 100-500L with the highest state tax -Louisiana is £700 less than the UK price and looking at Canon Rumours the UK price of the new R3 is the highest price of anywhere in the world. :cry:

Also given you cannot get an RF 100-500L in the UK at present I gave up and bought one from Panamoz, it arrived in 6 days and was £200 cheaper.

Hi Roger, the US price of the RF 100-500L with the highest state tax -Louisiana is £700 less than the UK price and looking at Canon Rumours the UK price of the new R3 is the highest price of anywhere in the world. :cry:

Also given you cannot get an RF 100-500L in the UK at present I gave up and bought one from Panamoz, it arrived in 6 days and was £200 cheaper.
I have found the only way was grey imports if I actually wanted a particular lens ! I am not quite sure what Canon are playing at with their supply as their recognised UK dealers .... Wex, Park, Jessops ... and others, are well out of stock and have long waiting lists.

HDEW and UK camera club are UK based with proper offices here but import. They seem to get what the main dealers can't - and supply it cheaper. Not Panamoz cheap but they do have an office here where I believe Panamoz, though great reviews, does not.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back