Control ring - what you use it for?

Exposure compensation isn't available if you use "M" unless you also use auto-iso so no use to me unfortunately.
Actually I'm glad to read that. I shoot in M and use Auto ISO. Adjusting exposure compensation is a bit of a pain so having the control ring set for ex/comp will make it easier and faster. Cheers.

On my R I use the control ring for ISO and on my R5 I'm currently trying it for AF method selection.

Exposure comp use for me, its not easy to accidentally move it. If you do you can see the changes to the image in the EVF. The exposure comp indicator is pretty prominent there as well. I used to make lots of mistakes and not check the settings. Now I continually scan the viewfinder, takes a blink of an eye with practice. Even if you haven’t got the time before grabbing a shot, it’s worth scanning after in anticipation for the next one, correcting any mishaps along the way.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back