Followers
Following
Name
Anne Kuzma
City/State
Alaska
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Even though we had a very late spring, we had a cow moose show up on May 20 with twin calves. When we first saw them, we figured they were less than a day old. This was a few days early, as we generally see new moose calves starting on May 25.
The cow has been hanging around in the woods on the edge of our lawn ever since she showed up. I took this photo on May 21, standing next to the corner of our shop. This only shows one of the calves as the other was out in the woods. The cow knew that I was there, but I didn't go any closer, and the calves did not know I was there. They were still a little wobbly on their feet. That's a snowbank right there in front of them. It will be very interesting to watch them grow.
23-05-21_7550-Cow-and-1-twin.jpg

Canon R7, RF 100-500 L, ISO 6400, 270 mm, 1/640 sec, f 5.6

Great capture. Mom seems to be keeping a very careful eye on you.

Great shot, and you have to love that 100-500 lens. I'm still saving-up for it.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, the cow was definitely keeping an eye on me, but she didn't appear worried. Chances are pretty good that she was born on our property and played in the yard herself. We've had moose calves in our yard since 2001.
Yes, I definitely like the 100-500 lens!!!!! The last big zoom lens I got was back in 2004, the Canon 100-400 L version I. I decided I finally had to upgrade, especially since I got the R7 last year. ;)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back