Followers
Following
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I have been selected to have 10 of my photos on "display" in Art Drawers at a local Big City art gallery (the photos are 12" x 18" mounted and viewable to the public by opening the drawer). This will be the first time any of my photographs have been on display for the general public.

My dilemma is they want me to select my favorite for display on the wall. I can't decide as all are in the top three depending on what I am feeling at the time.

Which is your favorite?

Cape Perpetua at Blue Hour.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 30 sec
  • ISO 160

Crater Lake.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

Crown Point~Vista House.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/40 sec
  • ISO 100

Driving to Nowhere at Night.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • 79.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 13 sec
  • ISO 800

Fairy Falls.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 36.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/2 sec
  • ISO 100

Light Curves.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 120 sec
  • ISO 100

Mixing Water.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 428.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 50

Quiet Time.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 160

The Sentinel.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 100

Wahkeena Fall Dressed in Autumn Colors.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 54.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/10 sec
  • ISO 400

Fairy Falls is awesome, but also really like the light curves & quiet time photos

Cape Perpetua and Fairy Falls for me. B/W is a niche area IMO and I might quite go for The Sentinel if it were in color.

Picking top photos is tough. People have different tastes and moods, and some folks will make different choices on different days. And that's OK.

I voted for Cape Perpetua in the contest and it's still my favorite. It has more different elements combining beautifully than the others, so there's just more for the eye to wander around.

Boy, you've got a tough decision on your hands. I love them all! But I'd say Cape Perpetua or FairyFalls, although I also love Quiet Time!

Perpetual fairies, if you see what I mean...

Fairy falls! Great picture!

Tough calls and not in any particular order. I like B&W and I think people do find mist/fog in a serene location pleasing so I'll go with Quiet Time. Light Curves is unique and Cape Perpetua is dramatic.

Last edited:
Pretty good Ansel Adaming on Crater Lake but I will stick the previous three for my main picks.

Cape Perpetua is fantastic. You feel the same way because you listed it first :) But I lean towards Crater Lake. I feel it’s dramatic and love the hard whites and blacks.

Cape Perpetua at Blue Hour and Wahkeena Dressed in Fall Colors are my favourites. These two make an interesting duo, with flows starting in the distant background at the top of the frame (traffic and water, respectively) and then winding through the frame to find themselves exiting in the foreground at the bottom of the frame. I know you need to pick just one, so if I had to go with either of them in isolation, it would be Cape Perpetua.

Light Curves is also a strong contender.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back