jwn

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
john
Having trouble with the R5 wifi connection to the EOS Utility to load images on my MAC....camera makes the wifi EOS network and connects. Then the EOS Utility should open and then upload the image file to the MAC. This is how it's been workin 5 out of 10 times....but half the time the EOS utility fails to open and even if clicked does not open and connect. it's the latest version from Canon.....anyone have some tip or solutions...beside getting a card reader.

I was having similar issues when I set it up the way Canon suggests - i.e. using the camera as the WiFi access point and then connecting my computer to that WiFi. I actually had much better success by setting up the camera to connect to my home WiFi. That way, your computer is already on that network, and it seems to recognize the camera joining the network within a few seconds and automatically opens the EOS Utility 3 for image import. I hope my description makes sense - if it doesn't let me know and I'll try to document the steps to set it up this way a little better.

P.S. I am also using an iMac.

Last edited:
My experience with the WiFi is it is a mixed bag, I have had equal amounts of success and failure using the Camera as WiFi as well as using my home network. I am working an ongoing issue with this thru Canon CPS.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back