Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The latest firmware for the Canon R5C is now version 1.0.5.1.

Firmware Version 1.0.5.1 incorporates the following enhancements:
  1. The following features are enabled when the following lenses are attached: CN-E14-35mm T1.7 L S, CN-E20-50mm T2.4 L F, CN-E45-135mm T2.4 L F, CN8x15 IAS S/E1,:
    • Displaying metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance of the lens attached.
    • Displaying T number.
    • Support for Peripheral Illumination Correction and Chromatic Lens Aberration Correction.
    • Support for Dual Pixel CMOS AF autofocus(CN8x15 IAS S/E1 only)
    • Support for [Dual Pixel Focus Guide].
  2. The following features are enabled when the following lenses are attached: RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM, RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM:
    • Adds a menu to switch lens functions. (Focus Ring, Control Ring, Lens Optical Image Stabilization)
  3. Adds EF lenses compatible with EF-EOS R 0.71x Mount Adapter.
    • CN-E14mm T3.1 L F
    • CN-E20mm T1.5 L F
    • CN-E24mm T1.5 L F
    • CN-E35mm T1.5 L F
    • CN-E50mm T1.3 L F
    • CN-E85mm T1.3 L F
    • CN-E135mm T2.2 L F
    • EF14mm f/2.8L II USM
    • EF24mm f/1.4L II USM
    • EF35mm f/1.4L II USM
    • EF50mm f/1.2L USM
    • EF85mm f/1.2L II USM
    • EF135mm f/2L USM
  4. Enables left/right switching with one touch when using Magnify. (When recording 8K RAW with VR lens attached.)
  5. Enables magnify during 8K MP4 recording. (Not available when HDMI 4K is output.)
  6. Improves switching time between Video/Photo mode.
  7. Adds Power Saving Mode.
  8. Enhances Clear Scan resolution.
  9. Adds Digital-Teleconverter function. (1.5x /2x /2.5x /3x)
  10. Enables to change WFM size.
  11. Enables to change Vector scope gain by touch.
  12. Enables to change WFM/Vector scope opacity.
  13. Improves AF performance.
    • Enables tracking frame to change variably depending on subject.
    • Enables to detect heads facing sideways or backwards, or in situations such as when wearing a helmet.
    • Enables to select Face via control ring/dial.
  14. Adds [Subject Selection] assignable function via control ring/dial.
  15. Adds [Canon 709 / BT.709] to the Gamma/Color Space in Custom Picture setting.
  16. Adds [CMT 709] in Proxy Rec Color Conversion.
  17. Adds [CMT 709] in View Assist.
  18. Adds [G Gain] in White Balance in Custom Picture settings.
  19. Adds support for 4CH display in audio meter.
  20. Fixes an issue in which the camera is unable to shoot properly under certain conditions in still image mode after having updated the camera firmware to Version 1.0.4.1.
* 1-19 are the changes in Version 1.0.4.1, and 20 is the addition in Version 1.0.5.1.

Caution:

• Please use an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or greater to perform the firmware update.
  • Firmware version 1.0.5.1 is for updating EOS R5 C cameras running firmware version 1.0.0.1 – 1.0.4.1. If your camera’s firmware is already version 1.0.5.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
  • Please refrain from loading menu settings generated using the most recent firmware version to a product running an old firmware version, as doing so may affect camera operations.
  • Firmware update must be performed in VIDEO mode.
Downloads:
You can download the firmware from your local Canon support sites.
The following video is also worth watching. It’s for firmware version v1.0.4.1 but other than the bug fix in v1.0.5.1 it’s still all applicable.

Last edited:

Our Canon R5C Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back