Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The latest firmware for the Canon R5C is now version 1.0.6.1 which was released Dec 5th, 2023

Firmware Version 1.0.6.1 incorporates the following enhancements:

The following features are enabled when the following lens is attached: CN-E31.5-95mm T1.7 L S
– Displaying metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance of the lens attached.
– Displaying T number.
– Support for Peripheral Illumination Correction and Chromatic Lens Aberration Correction.
– Support for [Dual Pixel Focus Guide].

2. Adds support for the following RF-Mount Cinema Prime Lenses:
CN-R14mm T3.1 L F
CN-R20mm T1.5 L F
CN-R24mm T1.5 L F
CN-R35mm T1.5 L F
CN-R50mm T1.3 L F
CN-R85mm T1.3 L F
CN-R135mm T2.2 L F

3. The following features are enabled when the following lens is attached: RF24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z
– Support for aperture ring adjustment.
– Support for zoom operations.

4. Adds support for the Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2.

5. Adds [_Proxy] option in XF-AVC proxy media name.

6. Improves vector scope.
– Changes to display [BT.2020] in the frame when the color space is set to BT.2020.
– Changes to always display the target color name.

7. Adds Tally OSD menu display option. This new feature adds a highlighted boarder to the OSD signal during recording.

For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.

Caution:
– Please use an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or greater to perform the firmware update.
– Firmware version 1.0.6.1 is for updating EOS R5 C cameras running firmware version 1.0.0.1 – 1.0.5.1. If your camera’s firmware is already version 1.0.6.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
– Please refrain from loading menu settings generated using the most recent firmware version to a product running an old firmware version, as doing so may affect camera operations.
– Firmware update must be performed in VIDEO mode.

Downloads:
You can download the firmware from your local Canon support sites.

Our Canon R5C Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back