cdgta

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Cathy Dymond
Just discovered this youtube channel with videos by a Canadian pro wildlife/bird/nature photog with excellent tips for autofocus settings, BBAF settings, top 10 best-ever tips, etc. Videos are clear and easy to follow and I think good for all levels of ability. (I hope it is alright to post the link here)

Hi Cathy,

+1

I enjoy his channel (enough to have subscribed a little while ago) and fully support your recommendation.

(I seem to recall he posted on the DPReview R Talk Forum, but I’m not sure if he’s made it here - yet… :) ).

Phil

Last edited:
I did a search for his name to see if he turned up here but nothing came back. Although I have 'figured' out all the various settings available on my R6 for AF and the Cases from the early days with the camera from lots of reading & online videos, I somehow missed his channel. I thought his very clear explanations for this and other topics would certainly help others just getting to grips with new cameras. I am still working my way through the various videos on his channel.

I like his channel as well. He focuses on the shot more than the gear, with just enough how to on the gear to get the shot. I’m partial to clear and concise without a lot of fluff and he fits the bill.

I scanned a few vids, and surprisingly I find I'm already using most of his techniques. Good find.

I've viewed many of his videos.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back