File Recovery

Only RF

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Not sure where to post this. I pre-cull using Canon's DPP software before importing to LrC. I do 2 or 3 rounds before importing. I just delete unwanted files off the card. During a round of culling I accidentally deleted about 20 files I realIy wanted, imported and was going to edit this morning. I thought it was a different series of shots I didn't want.

I opened LrC and they weren't there. I always keep the trash bin empty so no luck. I tried everything. Finally I downloaded Lexar's Recovery Tool and I can't believe it. I could not see them on the card but the tool found them. First time that has ever happened to me. From now on I'll not delete the trash in the bin until I'm sure I have all the files.

Thanks for this. I'll have to give Lexar's Recovery Tool a try I've used Recuva (portable) in the past with good success.

I was on CNET and they mentioned Recuva and a different product. I can’t remember what it was called. I tried the other one first but I had some issues trying to get it to work.

I’ll look up the name later.

Glad to know they were recovered. Bet you're glad you didn't format your cards in camera!

I currently have 1360 item's in my recycle bin. Once my current "work" is finished in mid March I'll empty the Bin at that time. Ya' never know when...

Glad to hear no harm was done. I'm always afraid of deleting something I want to keep, so I always copy the contents of the card to my computer, then cull from there before importing into editing software to whittle them down even further as I process them. Workflows and routines like this can be so idiosyncratic and personal, it always makes them more interesting to hear about than I'd expect.

Glad to hear no harm was done. I'm always afraid of deleting something I want to keep, so I always copy the contents of the card to my computer, then cull from there before importing into editing software to whittle them down even further as I process them. Workflows and routines like this can be so idiosyncratic and personal, it always makes them more interesting to hear about than I'd expect.
Yes I am because I aways format when I put in back before ai go out for a shoot. I may have to try your method.

I'm maybe extra cautious as well because the R8, which I use, only has one card slot. If I have a card problem, there's no backup. So I copy my photos from the card ASAP whenever I'm done shooting. "Overcautious" can quickly turn into "prudent and wise" if there's a problem. 😆

I'm maybe extra cautious as well because the R8, which I use, only has one card slot. If I have a card problem, there's no backup. So I copy my photos from the card ASAP whenever I'm done shooting. "Overcautious" can quickly turn into "prudent and wise" if there's a problem. 😆
Nothing wrong with that. I'm not cautious enough and occasionally I get bitten. I got lucky this last event. It was not one of my favourite series of shots but it was a learning experience.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back