ServiceB4Self

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
William Hahn
City/State
St. Louis, MO
Okay, I've never come across an issue like this before, and I've been shooting with Canon for 10 years, I hope someone can help me.

I shot a wedding on Saturday, and during my culling process I noticed images were missing. 106 of them to be precise. Filenumbers 0394 through 0499. just gone.

I did not delete any images from my camera.

I shot on a Lexar Professional Gold 64GB Card that I formatted that morning, that was purchased brand new less than a month ago.

Searching any of the missing filenumbers in my computer does not return any images from that day.

The memory card never left the camera body for the entirety of the day.

I did not shut the camera off at all.

Using Recoverit shows me about 4000 images I have shot on this card, but 0394-0499 are still just... gone...

This was during the bride and groom's first look. Does anyone else have any ideas? I'm stumped and a little worried, this is my primary camera and this is a busy wedding season. I bought this camera specifically because I wanted something I could trust to handle the wedding season.

If anyone can offer any assistance at all, I would be supremely grateful!

Images missing on both cards? What happens when you preview them on the camera? Or check using the Canon Camera Connect app.
I didn't notice the images missing while the cards were still in the camera. I didn't notice until I started culling in lightroom. (bear in mind this was a wedding shoot, so previewing all the images before transfer isn't exactly time-efficient)

it almost feels like the camera just started over-writing the images, because they're not on either of the cards, even if I run a data recovery software on it. I'm honestly at a loss for what to do...

I didn't notice the images missing while the cards were still in the camera. I didn't notice until I started culling in lightroom. (bear in mind this was a wedding shoot, so previewing all the images before transfer isn't exactly time-efficient)

it almost feels like the camera just started over-writing the images, because they're not on either of the cards, even if I run a data recovery software on it. I'm honestly at a loss for what to do...
Just organising threads and came across your post. Curious if you ever recovered your missing images or if it ever happened again?

Just organising threads and came across your post. Curious if you ever recovered your missing images or if it ever happened again?
Never recovered the images, and haven't noticed it happen again. What sucks is the missing files were the bride and groom's first look

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back