6BEEB515-5B36-4229-AF3E-4D97AC7612B9.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R
  • EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 250

Very fly.

Get this to zoom in even more! All the cool kids are using it.

Nice fly Rob.

F/4 is a bit on the shallow side though - f/8 or f/11 is more likely to find a sweet spot - and that would hopefully give you detail in the eyes.

Paul.

Nice fly Rob.

F/4 is a bit on the shallow side though - f/8 or f/11 is more likely to find a sweet spot - and that would hopefully give you detail in the eyes.

Paul.
Thanks Paul, I did learn from this and do aim for f8 to F11 now but I liked the colour and drama of the shot
I am now trying to use flash when ever I can especially if I feel the iso is on the high side due to low light.

I am now trying to use flash when ever I can

Flash is big in macro.
Check out AK Diffuser. It's pricy, but well worth it I think. Alternatively you can try and make one yourself, but if you're not using one already, a diffuser is the key.

WhiteFly_S2B_eq_DN.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF100mm F2.8 L MACRO IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 500

Flash is big in macro.
Check out AK Diffuser. It's pricy, but well worth it I think. Alternatively you can try and make one yourself, but if you're not using one already, a diffuser is the key.

View attachment 11450
Thanks Mike they are a bit pricy especially at the current exchange rate , I may try diy for a while but keep an eye on them.

Thanks Mike they are a bit pricy especially at the current exchange rate , I may try diy for a while but keep an eye on them.
Ah yes, didn't notice where you're from.
Must be a lot of surprised faces around there now that the Brexit chickens have come home to roost.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back