Dave Addo

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Dave Addison
Traditionally with all my previous DSLRs I have used just a single focus spot, using the 'focus then compose' method.
I'm finding with the R7, when I set it to single spot, that appears in the centre of the screen as it should. I take a photo, then if I review that photo and then go to take another picture, the focus spot has jumped to near the top of the screen (usually top centre, but sometimes top left). This does happen with other focusing modes too, and happens both with the EVF and the screen.
I've attached a couple of cellphone images of the screen showing an image taken with the spot in centre, then after reviewing that image, where the focus spot has jumped to for the next shot.
I've got the cross keys around the Quick Set button assigned to move the focus spot, but It's rather frustrating having to continually reposition it to the centre of the screen.
I'm assuming (hoping) this is just user error and someone can set me straight! Thanks in advance.
Dave

Focus 1.jpg
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 back dual wide camera 4.2mm f/1.6
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/121 sec
  • ISO 125

Focus 2.JPG

Post #10 has one possible solution.

Post #10 has one possible solution.

That sounds like the exact same problem I have. I have reset the camera's basic settings as per the instructions in that post. Touch & drag AF is off (and this happens with the screen closed, glass in anyway). Orientation Linked AF is set to same for both horizontal and vertical. Still the problem persists...

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back