Followers
Following
Name
Hali
City/State
Rhode Island, US
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Since the flowers are blooming, and it's easy to work with a tripod I took this pretty one inside. 16 images stacked with Helicon Focus (love that program and the company, when they say lifetime they mean lifetime license). I'm so impressed with the detail.
2021-06-04_BackyardFlowers-10112-26_StackedHelicon-Edit2048.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 3/10 sec
  • ISO 640

Since the flowers are blooming, and it's easy to work with a tripod I took this pretty one inside. 16 images stacked with Helicon Focus (love that program and the company, when they say lifetime they mean lifetime license). I'm so impressed with the detail.View attachment 3563

outstanding

It really is gorgeous. And no blurred spots like Photoshop? Is it always that clean?

It really is gorgeous. And no blurred spots like Photoshop? Is it always that clean?
Thank you!!! I find that Helicon Focus beats the pants off of Photoshops image stacking. If there are no gaps in the images it is always this good. I did very little post processing after the stacking, and no cleanup of the image itself.

Thank you!!! I find that Helicon Focus beats the pants off of Photoshops image stacking. If there are no gaps in the images it is always this good. I did very little post processing after the stacking, and no cleanup of the image itself.
Dang. I just bought the Topaz bundle this afternoon, too. I feel like Alice in Wonderland. LOL

PS is really making a mess sometimes, though. I did one Tuesday that had blurring all through it with 60 images trying to avoid it. I don't know if it's doing it on the alignment or the blending, but it's annoying.

Dang. I just bought the Topaz bundle this afternoon, too. I feel like Alice in Wonderland. LOL

PS is really making a mess sometimes, though. I did one Tuesday that had blurring all through it with 60 images trying to avoid it. I don't know if it's doing it on the alignment or the blending, but it's annoying.
The Topaz bundle is really good. I think that Denoise is the best noise reduction software on the market and sharpener can work wonders on images. If you do a lot of stacking you should look into Helicon next, it's worth the purchase. Like I said, I bought a lifetime license in 2011 and I figured that my idea of lifetime and theirs is different (I'm thinking of Topaz here... they said buy once and now they have gone to a yearly subscription service) but they are honoring their promise 10 years later.

The Topaz bundle is really good. I think that Denoise is the best noise reduction software on the market and sharpener can work wonders on images. If you do a lot of stacking you should look into Helicon next, it's worth the purchase. Like I said, I bought a lifetime license in 2011 and I figured that my idea of lifetime and theirs is different (I'm thinking of Topaz here... they said buy once and now they have gone to a yearly subscription service) but they are honoring their promise 10 years later.
I REALLY don't like subscriptions, but I figured I'd give Topaz a go for the year and see how it goes. I'm doing a lot of resizing and being able to enlarge without losing quality with Gigapixel is just mind-blowing. I can't believe the technology available these days compared to 20 or more years ago!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back