Getting serious

Renegade Viewfinder

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mario Gonzalez
So I finally getting more serious about my photography and would some day love to quit my job and support myself and family off of photo work. Can anyone suggest best way to build a client base. I have a Facebook page and Instagram. What is a good company to use if want to build a website. What to do and what not to do. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Smugmug right now to try to sell my photography. They have pretty reasonable pricing. I need to work on SSO, etc to get more Google search traction. I'm still figuring my way through it as well. I think it is hard to know what people are going to like. If you are looking to do wedding photoshoots, etc I don't really have any experience there. Not sure this helps but I thought I would throw it out there. I'm hoping to be able to do it in my retirement. So I still have 4-5 years to figure it out.

I'm using Smugmug right now to try to sell my photography. They have pretty reasonable pricing. I need to work on SSO, etc to get more Google search traction. I'm still figuring my way through it as well. I think it is hard to know what people are going to like. If you are looking to do wedding photoshoots, etc I don't really have any experience there. Not sure this helps but I thought I would throw it out there. I'm hoping to be able to do it in my retirement. So I still have 4-5 years to figure it out.
I've been increasing trying to improve my photography as well in hopes to enjoy my retirement further as well and maybe one day turn this hobby into some profit to buy bigger and better gear. I'll have to check out smugmug. I've only been posting my stuff to fb and instagram

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back