Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Do some continue to wear there glasses while shooting?

Some adjust the dipoter?

Myself prefer to wear glasses but struggle with it so dipoter adjustment it is.

Would bigger eye cup help?

Always wonder why photos dont come out crap shoots as what i thinks in focus may not be but they always turn out.

Yeah yeah begginers question

If you are using the camera AF it should be a sharp image where the focus point lands no matter what you see yourself.I do adjust the diopter too so everything looks good to me.
I wear glasses (varifocal) all the time, the only thing I stopped doing was wearing sun/reactor light/ tinted glasses as they will give a false view of lighting when looking through the viewfinder or LED screen but there again if you use the histogram that should counter that too to a certain extent.

I wear transition (darken in sunlight) bifocal glasses all the time. Just set the diopter and mash my glasses up against the viewfinder. I trust the AF on the camera and it works OK for me. I wasn't aware larger eye cups were an option. Might have to check into that. Thanks Peter for the info. Dave, I have never really noticed my tinted glasses affecting the view in viewfinder.

I met admit I haven't tried using the viewfinder with darkened glasses yet but when I relied on the rear screen on my DSLR's that was certainly a problem for me. I'm not sure you can attach a bigger eye cup can you? Unlike the DSLRs I have owned you can't slot out the rubber eyecup. The good news is it's solid rubber on the R5, I always split mine on older bodies which I put down to pressing my glasses against it

Its the first thing I did with any camera was to adjust the diopter, glasses or not. I used to wear glasses (cataract surgery is amazing). now I do not need them.

I met admit I haven't tried using the viewfinder with darkened glasses yet but when I relied on the rear screen on my DSLR's that was certainly a problem for me. I'm not sure you can attach a bigger eye cup can you? Unlike the DSLRs I have owned you can't slot out the rubber eyecup. The good news is it's solid rubber on the R5, I always split mine on older bodies which I put down to pressing my glasses against it
R7 eyecup is not solid but neither was the one on my Rebel XS and I (touching wooden desk) never had a crack in the 13 years I shot with it.

Do some continue to wear there glasses while shooting?

Some adjust the dipoter?

Myself prefer to wear glasses but struggle with it so dipoter adjustment it is.

Would bigger eye cup help?

Always wonder why photos dont come out crap shoots as what i thinks in focus may not be but they always turn out.

Yeah yeah begginers question
Wear glasses and adjust diopter, and definitely will check into the larger eye cup. Nothing is perfect so also rely on AF.

I’ve used transition varifocal glasses for years with my DSLRs and now my R6 with no issues. I’ve not had any problems with the standard eye cups in that time.

I’ve used transition varifocal glasses for years with my DSLRs and now my R6 with no issues. I’ve not had any problems with the standard eye cups in that time.
ive got 3 "zone" glasses top 1/3 middle 1/3 and bottom all different makes it tad hard though camera

This is one of the things I dislike about aging, it gets harder to focus my eyes. I never wore glasses until I was 50 or so and then just over the counter reading glasses. Now I have bifocals but I just find it hard to wear glasses when shooting. I adjust the diopter but with my R and R7 I am almost at the far end of what you can adjust. They used to make slip on diopters for the eyepiece but I don't know if they do for the newer R cameras. When shooting my grandkids at sports like soccer I find I can't find them on the field if I move my eye away from the viewfinder. My eye doctor said someday if I have cataract surgery it will all be better. I just hope I'm not too old for photography.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back