Hello from Ireland

Terrible Terrestial

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Terrible Terrestial
Hello everyone and thanks for accepting me here!

I'm based in Ireland and do photography as a hobby. I bought R6 Mark II recently, and a few lenses, and really like the results. So I've joined the forum to look for, and share, advice on techniques, and hardware and post-processing tips.

A few of my first attempts with the R6 Mark II system are below. Two of them taken with Canon EF 70-200 with an adapter, two with an M42 Russian lens I bought for EUR 30... wonder if you can guess which is which without looking at EXIF data.

Anyway, good to be here and looking forward to participating in the forum!

4L3A7278.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 100

Cows at Mizen Head_20231008.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM
  • 110.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 200

4L3A8993.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 100

4L3A7347.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 400

Last edited:
Hello everyone and thanks for accepting me here!

I'm based in Ireland and do photography as a hobby. I bought R6 Mark II recently, and a few lenses, and really like the results. So I've joined the forum to look for, and share, advice on techniques, and hardware and post-processing tips.

A few of my first attempts with the R6 Mark II system are below. Two of them taken with Canon EF 70-200 with an adapter, two with an M42 Russian lens I bought for EUR 30... wonder if you can guess which is which without looking at EXIF data.

Anyway, good to be here and looking forward to participating in the forum!

View attachment 20574

View attachment 20572

View attachment 20573

View attachment 20575
I like the 2 with the Russian lens best. Who says you need expensive lenses to get great pictures. Well done TT.

Thank you Kerro! I agree some of the cheap M42 lenses can give amazing results. I feel like I can get much more out of them than the above.

Thank you Kerro! I agree some of the cheap M42 lenses can give amazing results. I feel like I can get much more out of them than the above.
It would certainly be worth a try. I myself have a Sigma 120-300/2.8, Sigma 150-500, and RF800/11. All give me great images without spending 5 figure numbers on new RF lenses. Keep up the good work.

My default for landscape and dreamy portraits since pre-digital times has been Jupiter 135 f3.5.

Welcome to the forum. My wife and I were in Ireland in August and really enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing more of your images.

Welcome and thank you for joining up here Terrible Terrestial. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the R6 II :) And nope I couldn't tell the difference between the two lenses at least with the image quality uploaded here, so that's a nice saving providing you are happy with them. Please let me know if you have any questions about the forum.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back