Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
JP Geoffroy
Hi All,

I'm JP, Chilean learning Photography and living in Mexico.

Currently doing a Photography Course.

Loving Wildlife Photography :) but doing a bit of everything to learn better.

My Current Gear:
Canon EOS R5
Canon EF 17-35MM
Canon RF 24-105mm
Canon RF 50mm
Canon RF 100-500mm

Cheers,
JP

Thanks for joining up here JP! Looks like a nice collection of gear in your bag too! :) If you have any questions about this site please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for joining up here JP! Looks like a nice collection of gear in your bag too! :) If you have any questions about this site please don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks for the welcome...
I jumped from Fujifilm to Canon with my current gear hahahahahah massive and expensive change but worth it so far...
Cheers
JP

Hi All,

I'm JP, Chilean learning Photography and living in Mexico.

Currently doing a Photography Course.

Loving Wildlife Photography :) but doing a bit of everything to learn better.

My Current Gear:
Canon EOS R5
Canon EF 17-35MM
Canon RF 24-105mm
Canon RF 50mm
Canon RF 100-500mm

Cheers,
JP
Are you really a brand new beginner because you have a lot of high-end gear for just starting out! You really did jump into the deep end of the pool. I started in the early 2000's with the Canon Rebel and worked my way through two of their other camera systems until I got to the 5D Mark III. I stayed with that system for a about seven years and then made the switch to the R5. And while they say it's not the equipment but the photographer I disagree to some extent. The equipment always gives you an edge and you now have yours! It's quite the learning curve this new endeavor of yours but you'll have lots of fun along the way and meet some really great people. It's quite the journey...

Are you really a brand new beginner because you have a lot of high-end gear for just starting out! You really did jump into the deep end of the pool. I started in the early 2000's with the Canon Rebel and worked my way through two of their other camera systems until I got to the 5D Mark III. I stayed with that system for a about seven years and then made the switch to the R5. And while they say it's not the equipment but the photographer I disagree to some extent. The equipment always gives you an edge and you now have yours! It's quite the learning curve this new endeavor of yours but you'll have lots of fun along the way and meet some really great people. It's quite the journey...
Hi Michelle,

Yes, I´m a beginner, I have always loved photography but I have only owned 3 cameras in my life and 2 of them for a really short period of time. My first camera was a Nikon D3000, that I have to sell quickly because I didn't have money to survive, so it was with me only for 8 months, after that I was using a Lumix GH4 that belong to my employee for another year or year on half, then, after a few years without any camera, I bought a Fujifilm X-T20 that camera stayed with me for only 2 years until I bought my R5 recently.

4 months ago I started my first Photography Course, with my X-T20, before that my photography was almost always in AUTO, I played around a bit on Manual Mode, but not enough. I´m still on the course and taking other workshops in the meantime, we have only one class every week, so it has been a little slow for me, but happy to learn and to do it with a Camera that I feel I can take advantage of or at least I´m trying to hehe hehe hehe

I have always jumped at the deep side of the pool, which is part of my personality, I always ask myself, if I can why not :)

Cheers
JP

Hi Michelle,

Yes, I´m a beginner, I have always loved photography but I have only owned 3 cameras in my life and 2 of them for a really short period of time. My first camera was a Nikon D3000, that I have to sell quickly because I didn't have money to survive, so it was with me only for 8 months, after that I was using a Lumix GH4 that belong to my employee for another year or year on half, then, after a few years without any camera, I bought a Fujifilm X-T20 that camera stayed with me for only 2 years until I bought my R5 recently.

4 months ago I started my first Photography Course, with my X-T20, before that my photography was almost always in AUTO, I played around a bit on Manual Mode, but not enough. I´m still on the course and taking other workshops in the meantime, we have only one class every week, so it has been a little slow for me, but happy to learn and to do it with a Camera that I feel I can take advantage of or at least I´m trying to hehe hehe hehe

I have always jumped at the deep side of the pool, which is part of my personality, I always ask myself, if I can why not :)

Cheers
JP
Hi Michelle,

Cheers
JP
Well, JP, you certainly have gotten yourself some good gear and there is lots of information on the internet to help you through the rough spots and taking that Photography Course will certainly help you out. Like you, I always knew I wanted to do photography and tried over the decades but with film it was impossible for me as I had nowhere to put a dark room! Once digital came, I was an increasingly happy camper. Where a camera takes you is always an exciting journey and one I'm sure you are going to enjoy for a very long time!!

Well, JP, you certainly have gotten yourself some good gear and there is lots of information on the internet to help you through the rough spots and taking that Photography Course will certainly help you out. Like you, I always knew I wanted to do photography and tried over the decades but with film it was impossible for me as I had nowhere to put a dark room! Once digital came, I was an increasingly happy camper. Where a camera takes you is always an exciting journey and one I'm sure you are going to enjoy for a very long time!!
Hi Michelle,

Yes, I agree, for me photography is just a hobby I do not see myself doing it as a Job, My job already takes too much time to even be able to do anything else hahaha... but at the same time, my work allows me to travel so I try to take my camera as much as I can.

I love Wildlife photography but the course has taken me to other areas that I´m discovering and has been really fun so far.

I´m not sure if is allow or not, but my Instagram account if you want to follow is https://www.instagram.com/jpgo_photos/

Cheers and Stay Safe!
JP

Hi Michelle,

Yes, I agree, for me photography is just a hobby I do not see myself doing it as a Job, My job already takes too much time to even be able to do anything else hahaha... but at the same time, my work allows me to travel so I try to take my camera as much as I can.

I love Wildlife photography but the course has taken me to other areas that I´m discovering and has been really fun so far.

I´m not sure if is allow or not, but my Instagram account if you want to follow is https://www.instagram.com/jpgo_photos/

Cheers and Stay Safe!
JP

Well I did check out your photography on Instagram and you are more than a beginner from what I saw. I especially liked your Double Exposure photo. That was really nice work. And, like you, I do a lot of bird photography. Unlike you, I am retired so I can now drive myself nuts with all this photography stuff. It's a world unto itself for sure. Enjoy!

Well I did check out your photography on Instagram and you are more than a beginner from what I saw. I especially liked your Double Exposure photo. That was really nice work. And, like you, I do a lot of bird photography. Unlike you, I am retired so I can now drive myself nuts with all this photography stuff. It's a world unto itself for sure. Enjoy!
Well, Thanks for considering me more than a Beginner, I believe I´m just starting, I do not have much time with Cameras in all these years and not much time but I do my best always... Maybe, in this case, is the camera? hahaha hahaha haha...

Great that you have time now to enjoy yourself and photography, I really love wildlife is also part of my job, but taking pictures of wildlife is amazing.

Cheers
JP

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back