Hello from Minnesota, USA

StinMinn

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Steve Aggergaard
Hello, Canon users and enthusiasts. I'm eager to introduce myself.

As I ease toward retirement very gradually, I'm embracing photography and enjoying somewhat of a return to it. Years ago, in 1985 to be exact, I received a Canon T70 as a high school graduation gift. I took a photography class in college, took photos as a newspaper reporter for a couple years, and edited newspaper photos for more years after that. Then point-and-shoot cameras and iPhones came along, and my Canon SLR sat unused. I don't even know where it is or what happened to it!

Six weeks ago, I purchased an R10 with its little 18-45 kit lens. Then I got the 55-210. And from there, I was hooked. I've added an R6, lenses including 24-70 and 70-200 both f/2.8, and am generally relearning a lot of things and learning a ton new things -- particularly about digital photography and editing with Lightroom.

My interests include landscapes, city/urban, and travel ... all of which I was doing with an iPhone. I've always wanted to try sports photography, so I've shot a couple small-college events and one high school event so far and want to do more -- maybe for MaxPreps or something similar.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. Here are three shots from the last six weeks. The goose is from yesterday.

Attachments

• GA0A2481-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    GA0A2481-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 25
  • guitar 14 x 11.jpg
    guitar 14 x 11.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • GA0A1486-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg
    GA0A1486-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 29
Welcome Steve and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. It certainly sounds like you are enjoying getting back into photography. Before you know it you be purchasing an R3 with the RF 100-300 for sports! ;) Please let me know if you have any questions about the forum here.

Welcome Steve and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. It certainly sounds like you are enjoying getting back into photography. Before you know it you be purchasing an R3 with the RF 100-300 for sports! ;) Please let me know if you have any questions about the forum here.
Thanks! R3, maybe. But wow that 100-300 is something else price-wise! Never say never I suppose. Clearly lenses are an investment and hold value, but they also can be damaged or stolen. :(

Regarding the R3 ... I'm intrigued by the Canon R numbering system. I see release of an R1 is coming. I'm curious about any plans for R2, R4, and R9. :) For now, I'm pretty happy with my R6 and R10. I'm packing the R10 for some travel beginning today.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back