Sweetpea

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Crystal Watson
Hello and thanks for the add to this Forum. I currently own a Canon T3i and M50. I'm looking to switch to full frame and have my eye on the R6. Thanks for starting this group and I look forward to learning from everyone here! 🙂

Welcome and hello from Atlanta. You'll love the R6. It's a gateway drug, though. I've found myself addicted to some very expensive glass. LOL

Welcome and hello from Atlanta. You'll love the R6. It's a gateway drug, though. I've found myself addicted to some very expensive glass. LOL
Thanks! I'm saving up now for the R6 and hoping to sell my other two cameras to help off set the cost. I'll probably keep my EF 50 and EF 40 since those RF lenses are expensive. Though, the adapter is hard to find these days from my understanding.

Just keep checking the various retailers for the adapters. I finally found two. Three, actually, but sent one to Jamaica to my step son. It's even harder for him to find equipment there. There was somebody here in GA that had bought up 6 or 8 of the non-control ring adapters and was selling them on FB for $250. I think he sold them all, too.

The EF lenses work great with the R6 and adapter. I even have an old FD 55mm manual lens I play with once in a while.

Hi All,

Richard here from UK. I'm an R5 shooter, with mostly RF lenses, but still have a few EF too!

Mostly shoot food, but also product and travel.

Attachments

• IMG_20210325_230551_699.jpg
    IMG_20210325_230551_699.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 45
Just keep checking the various retailers for the adapters. I finally found two. Three, actually, but sent one to Jamaica to my step son. It's even harder for him to find equipment there. There was somebody here in GA that had bought up 6 or 8 of the non-control ring adapters and was selling them on FB for $250. I think he sold them all, too.

The EF lenses work great with the R6 and adapter. I even have an old FD 55mm manual lens I play with once in a while.
Thanks - good to know! I'm hoping by the time I've saved enough for the R6, then the adapter will be easier to find as well.

Hi Sweetpea, Don't get too hung-up on the Canon adapter as you will see in the forum here many of us are using third party versions which seem to work perfectly with our EF lenses. You may find some third party lenses are not so happy though.

Welcome Crystal and thank you for joining up here! :)

Hello and thanks for the add to this Forum. I currently own a Canon T3i and M50. I'm looking to switch to full frame and have my eye on the R6. Thanks for starting this group and I look forward to learning from everyone here! 🙂
Welcome from another person in NC, I am in the Troutman area which is between Statesville and Mooresville. I love the R6 so far although I havent figured out everything it can do yet but looking forward to learning more as I get used to it.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back