Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Dave
City/State
NE Ohio
Hello Forum,

I appreciate finding this forum and look forward to learning a lot and hopefully contributing along the way.

I have had the R6 since December 2020. Currently using EF lens's with the Canon converter until I make decisions on RF lens's. I still have a 6D around as a backup. I have the 24-105 L f4, the 70-200L, f4, and a Sigma 100-400. With the IBIS of the R6, I've also used my old nifty fifty from the 90's film era SLR's. I started the digital switch in 2011 with a T1i.

I've had some sort of SLR since the mid 60's. Mostly shooting mechanical stuff preferably in nice landscape settings. That normally means railroads for me but also the lake freighters that we have on the Great Lakes here. Winery landscapes have become a secondary focus as a couples hobby.

After 50+ years with an SLR, the biggest adjustment for me is the EVF. I am still having that split second question of "why can't I see anything" when I raise the camera. I decided to go mirrorless for the low light performance instead of adding another DSLR. The excellent autofocus has been the biggest positive. With aging eyes, it's great for shooting grandkids that are running around.

Dave in Ohio

Welcome Dave and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself!

Welcome Dave as a fellow NE Ohio person. I took this yesterday after the snow of a Mute Swan pair. I feel sorry for her having to stay on the nest in the snow.

Attachments

• 20210422-_R6_1679-Edit-Edit.jpg
    20210422-_R6_1679-Edit-Edit.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 48

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back