Learning2Shoot

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Andrew
Hello everyone. I've been doing photography for years now but never really took the time to really learn how to get great photographs. After years of using Nikon I'm moving over to can with a new R6. Looking forward to learn and share on here.

Welcome! The fact you were using Nikon gear might have something to do with lack of getting great photos ;)

Just kidding! I have history with Pentax and Nikon film cameras. I started digital with a Nikon D70 before moving to a D200 then D90. After a hardship forced me to sell off my Nikon gear, I made the switch to Canon about 10 years ago when I could afford a return to DSLR photography.

R6 is a great camera, enjoy!

Welcome Andrew and thanks for joining up here! How are you finding the R6 so far?

Haven't started using it yet. Just got my R6 in last week. Waiting for my lens to arrive. I rented a R6 about a month ago and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to get the lens and start shooting. I'm anxiously waiting.

Last edited:
welcome, andrew! i'm also located in the valley of the sun, so great to see someone else local to the phoenix area.

you're going to love the eos r6, as i do. which lens are you currently waiting on?

I started with the R6 and the RF 24-105mm F4 lens (kit lens, great lens). I sometimes shoot from a helicopter and decided that I wanted more pixels in case I needed to crop some images so I upgraded to the R5 and sold my R6 to my brother who loves it. I decided I needed the RF100-500mm lens and that resides on the R5 for the most part (super lens). I want a backup camera for my air to Air shoots and I'm thinking about adding the R6 again as my backup because I really liked the quality. To tell the truth, the smaller file sizes are nice to deal with as well. If Canon comes out with a 100mp sensor, I will hesitate as It could end up that storage is ultimately more costly than the camera. :unsure: ;)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back