David B

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
David Blacker
Hi everybody. I'm a travel and documentary photographer based in Colombo. If you feel like knowing more about the sort of work I do, you can have a look at my blog's 'about page'. I've been shooting Canon DSLRs for about 12 years now (four as a full-time pro), and I'm about to make the jump to mirrorless, and I have a few questions which I will post in the forums before making a final decision on which body to buy. Cheers.

Like Paul said, "welcome"!

Welcome David and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself to us. I just had a quick look at your logs about page, what a fantastic journey you've been on! The images that you have captured along the way are superb. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about gear or this forum.

Welcome David and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself to us. I just had a quick look at your logs about page, what a fantastic journey you've been on! The images that you have captured along the way are superb. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about gear or this forum.
Thanks, Timothy. I certainly will have questions. Meantime, shall also share some pictures taken with the R6.

I also note that I seem to have been made a Pro Member. Is this an error?

I also note that I seem to have been made a Pro Member. Is this an error?
No not an error David. We are currently giving away Pro Memberships to early contributors of the forum. Since you have posted 5x you automatically qualified. Further details in the post here. I can remove it if you prefer? :)

No not an error David. We are currently giving away Pro Memberships to early contributors of the forum. Since you have posted 5x you automatically qualified. Further details in the post here. I can remove it if you prefer? :)
Haha thanks. I appreciate it. I'm currently writing a first impression of the R6 for Canon Sri Lanka which, though it may no longer be interesting for the seasoned R users here, I'll be happy to share. Let me know. Cheers.

Haha thanks. I appreciate it. I'm currently writing a first impression of the R6 for Canon Sri Lanka which, though it may no longer be interesting for the seasoned R users here, I'll be happy to share. Let me know. Cheers.
That sounds great. You’re more than welcome to share it here too. Probably best in the R6 forum. Thank you! 🙂

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back