Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Glen H
City/State
Wisconsin
I’m a retired, but was a commercial photographer for 40 years. In the film days I shot with everything from 35 to 8x10 depending what I was shooting on a given day. I started shooting digital with the first Kodak DCS cameras, so been at digital sense the beginning… Pretty much shot with and tested everything till I retired. Fast forward, today I use the R5 and R7 with RF long zooms and long primes. I only shoot birds and some nature for my own enjoyment. Happy to help and contribute when I can…

Welcome Glen and thank you very much for joining up here and introducing yourself. I'm also shooting with the R5 and waiting on the R7. How are you finding the R7 pairs with the R5? Please let me know if you have any questions about the forum here.

Awesome! Thanks for joining up in here. I'm sure a lot of us can benefit from your experience.

Welcome Glen and thank you very much for joining up here and introducing yourself. I'm also shooting with the R5 and waiting on the R7. How are you finding the R7 pairs with the R5? Please let me know if you have any questions about the forum here.
Sorry for the slow reply.
I think it depends on what kind of subjects a person shoots. If I shot landscapes I feel there are better options than the R7. However in my case, shooting mostly birds, I see it as an incredible tool that I will use as much as I do the R5. I believe the autofocus is actually better in the R7. The R7 does have some shortcomings but we have to remind ourselves that it ia a $1500 body. And for the price I feel Canon gave us an another incredible tool.

There never will be a perfect camera, there will always be things that we would like, better or different.
No mater what brand or model a person is using, they all will have shortcomings.
So it's up to us to learn how our camera works, study it, tune it to our individual needs.
Know and be aware of it's weaknesses and find ways to work around them, to work with them.
If your camera isn't great at a certain task, then you have to find different way to solve the problem and still create a great image of your subject.
It's not up to the camera to create great images, that falls on us...

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back