Followers
Following
Name
Jay
City/State
Edinburgh, Scotland
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I wont go into all the boring details but the start of 2023 has been dire to say the least, however it has emphasised that life is short so if you are really interested in something pull the trigger and go for it.
Coming up for 50 and always fancied photography, got some nice trips coming up both around Scotland and travelling abroad so need something more than my phone to capture some memories and that's where this comes in; I have a drone (mini 3 pro), enjoying taking/editing photos and now something hand held is in the near future.
I have decided on the R10 with the 18-150 kit plus the 50 f1.8 as a solid starter and having never owned a camera costing more than £100 it is a big jump for me but my research so far leads me to this.
I look forward to reading your posts, seeing your images and hopefully (in time) take a photo or 2 that doesn't get too heavily criticized :p
p.s. all constructive criticism is gratefully accepted

Kind regards to you all.

Welcome Jay and thank you for joining up here. Sorry to hear that your year didn't start off so well. It sounds very much like the start of my year with a sharp reminder that life can be taken away when you least expect it. I've definitely been indulging in a little retail therapy too :) Enjoy your R10 and please let me know if you have any questions about the forum here.

Welcome Jay and thank you for joining up here. Sorry to hear that your year didn't start off so well. It sounds very much like the start of my year with a sharp reminder that life can be taken away when you least expect it. I've definitely been indulging in a little retail therapy too :) Enjoy your R10 and please let me know if you have any questions about the forum here.
Hi Timothy,
The RP and R10 are priced same.
Which one do you recommend. ?
I am a beginner and mostly interested in portraits and landscapes.

Hi Timothy,
The RP and R10 are priced same.
Which one do you recommend. ?
I am a beginner and mostly interested in portraits and landscapes.
Well there's a big difference between these two cameras because the RP has a full-frame sensor and the R10 an APS-C sized sensor. See this article for an explainer about the differences if you aren't sure.

APS-C cameras like the R10 are typically more affordable, although there are not many APS-C RF lenses from Canon available today, but you can still use full-frame RF lenses on them and older EF lenses with an adapter.

This is a good comparison article for further details:

The RP is pretty old now but for landscapes and portrait photography it should still handle these with ease. A newer full-frame camera would be the R8. Again this comparison is worth reading for a better understanding:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back