Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
A couple of recent re-edits...

Phil

The striking Marble Entrance Hall of Holkham Hall, Norfolk, England. (The dome ceiling is 50 ft high).

RF_SB-1-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 2000

Lacock Abbey, Wiltshire, England. (Once home to William Henry Fox Talbot - the man who invented the photographic negative. It also features in various movies, including Harry Potter).

RF_SB-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 200

A couple of recent re-edits...

Phil

The striking Marble Entrance Hall of Holkham Hall, Norfolk, England. (The dome ceiling is 50 ft high).

View attachment 14392

Lacock Abbey, Wiltshire, England. (Once home to William Henry Fox Talbot - the man who invented the photographic negative. It also features in various movies, including Harry Potter).

View attachment 14393
Wow wow what stunning images Phil, the BW is perfect for these shots it brings drama into the scenes, bravo mate 👍

Really nice clarity and tonality. Reminds me of the output I get from my Sigma DP Quattro in monochrome.

Really nice clarity and tonality. Reminds me of the output I get from my Sigma DP Quattro in monochrome.
Hi John,

Cheers - appreciated!

I'll often produce a regular edit/ image and then veer off to see where I can take it creatively. Both of these shots seemed to react well to this particular treatment.

(I'd not heard of that camera, I must go and have a peek... (y) :)).

Phil

Last edited:
Hi John,

Cheers - appreciated!

I'll often produce a regular edit/ image and then veer off to see where I can take it creatively. Both of these shots seemed to react well to this particular treatment.

(I'd not head of that camera, I must go and have a peek... (y) :)).

Phil
It's a bizarre camera. I have the DP3 with the hood viewfinder. When shooting in monochrome it is essentially a true monochrome camera. Very slow, film like camera... It loves a tripod as anything over 400 ISO is rather noisy. Totally different sensor. The raw software sigma provides is very capable but could be very slow on older hardware.

It's a bizarre camera. I have the DP3 with the hood viewfinder. When shooting in monochrome it is essentially a true monochrome camera. Very slow, film like camera... It loves a tripod as anything over 400 ISO is rather noisy. Totally different sensor. The raw software sigma provides is very capable but could be very slow on older hardware.
Hi John,

Sounds like the sort of camera that would - by necessity - slow everything down and thereby encourage you to ponder on the composition and art of a shot. If so, no bad thing.

(I have a tendency to blaze round like some kind of out of control maniac, whereas Karen will pause for a while, carefully study a scene, then calmly nail the winning shot).

Phil

Wow wow what stunning images Phil, the BW is perfect for these shots it brings drama into the scenes, bravo mate 👍
Hi Ron,

Cheers for those kind words - much appreciated! Pleased you enjoyed them… (y) :)

Phil

I like the distorted perspective that the 16mm gives you in the first shot. No point trying to pretend the perspective is anything but weird. Use it, as you do here. Good work, and mono is a good choice for these.

I like the distorted perspective that the 16mm gives you in the first shot. No point trying to pretend the perspective is anything but weird. Use it, as you do here. Good work, and mono is a good choice for these.
Hi Yang,

I agree, scenes like the one at Holkham were made for the ‘drama‘ this lens can produce (I still had to get down on my knees to try and fit as much of it in as I could - what a huge entrance!).

Phil

Love the shot of Holkham Hall. I had a few days in Norfolk last year but unfortunately wasn’t at Holkham on one of the days when the hall was open. Worth noting that there is also a nature reserve and phenomenal beach at Holkham.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back