High Contrast B&W...

Love the shot of Holkham Hall. I had a few days in Norfolk last year but unfortunately wasn’t at Holkham on one of the days when the hall was open. Worth noting that there is also a nature reserve and phenomenal beach at Holkham.
Hi Graham,

We had a relatively short visit to Holkham Hall (spectacular throughout) and Gardens, but intend to return. Similarly, we’ve had a couple of short walks around the nearby reserve and beach (via Wells-next-the-Sea) - the last time in a bracing gale, when we saw a couple of seals. Recommended.

P&K

At the risk of turning this thread into a travelogue, the north Norfolk coast is very varied for photography - apart from Holkham Hall & beach, Wells-next-the-Sea is a quaint little port, there are interesting cliffs at Hunstanton and bird reserves at Snettisham and Titchwell Marsh.

At the risk of turning this thread into a travelogue, the north Norfolk coast is very varied for photography - apart from Holkham Hall & beach, Wells-next-the-Sea is a quaint little port, there are interesting cliffs at Hunstanton and bird reserves at Snettisham and Titchwell Marsh.
Hi Graham,

A place well worth publicising - until relatively recently it was an untapped venue for us, then we gained some good friends in the area and they're gradually introducing us to the many delights - also including Hunstanton Cliffs and RSPB Snettisham - some images from which may be appearing at a forum near here in the future (though I must remember to check they're not from our Sony's before posting!).

In fact, if you were called 'Patrick', I'd be doing a double-take... :D

Phil

(PS. Titchwell Marsh duly noted for future reference!).

Hi Graham,

As promised - Wells-next-the-Sea (featuring 45mph icy gusts blowing straight off the North Sea and down the back of my neck... :D ).

Phil

Wish You Were Here...

RF-SE-1-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 58.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

RF-SW-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Hi Phil

Nice photos. Glad I’m not there in those conditions - I’ll leave it a while!

Graham

Hi Phil

Nice photos. Glad I’m not there in those conditions - I’ll leave it a while!

Graham
Hi Graham,

Cheers!

It was fantastic for the dramatic beach scenes, but not that great for most other things... :D

Phil

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back