Followers
Following
Name
Michael Krijnen
City/State
Almere
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
One of my favourite pictures I took on a photo trip in Botswana.

nijlpaard black white.jpg
  • Canon EOS-1D X
  • EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1.4x III
  • 420.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 800

Hi Michael, that's a great photo. I'm curious, where in Botswana did you take this shot? My wife and I were in Chobe National Park last March and photographed quite a few hippos, but none as interesting as this shot.

Hi Michael, that's a great photo. I'm curious, where in Botswana did you take this shot? My wife and I were in Chobe National Park last March and photographed quite a few hippos, but none as interesting as this shot.
Hi Mike, thanks and yes also this picture was taken at the Chobe river. I was on a photo trip with Pangolin Photo Safaris and they'll take you with their special boat to the right places at the right time.

Thanks for the info Michael, and we were with Pangolin as well. Great operation, wonderful people and exceptional views. I'd love to repeat the trip and go again in the near future.

Thanks for the info Michael, and we were with Pangolin as well. Great operation, wonderful people and exceptional views. I'd love to repeat the trip and go again in the near future.
Ah ok, then the only thing I can think of is the difference in month. You and your wife were there in March and I was there in September.

This was the best hippo shot I was able to obtain.
_C9A1840_DxO_1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 800

That is wonderful!

I have not seen one in real life, but hippos are my favorite animals. I even have a small collection of hippo figurines of various sizes. Like the pictures, naturally!

I have not seen one in real life, but hippos are my favorite animals. I even have a small collection of hippo figurines of various sizes. Like the pictures, naturally!
Hi ACEkin,
It is worth watching them in real life. Very impressive animals.

Some more pictures from my photo trip in Botswana.
nijlpaard sunset.jpg
  • Canon EOS-1D X
  • 420.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 1600
nijlpaard attack.jpg
  • Canon EOS-1D X
  • 420.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 1600

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back