Followers
Following
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I have had my RF 24-70mm f/2.8 and RF 24-70mm f/2.8 (and other lens as well) for quite a few year and for the past couple months I have had an issue with the lens hood on the 15-35 really hard to install and uninstall. I figured the was just a lot of debris build up or I had stripped the plastic 😯

I accidently got the hoods mixed up on a photo adventure. EW-88F and EW-88E . Problem solved.

I suspect that >PC-GP30< does not identify the type of dust cap
Thank you Mr. Berry, probably the type of plastic for recycling 🤣. I see that it is also on all my lens caps (flange end only) as well.

I find the R series lenses, body caps, and lens caps mount with more difficulty than the 5D M4 I used to own. The R mounts only fit in one way and I have to find the correct rotation. This is particularly problematic for the caps because the lenses have indicator dots that can be matched. I wonder if you may be experiencing a similar problem to mine.

I find the R series lenses, body caps, and lens caps mount with more difficulty than the 5D M4 I used to own. The R mounts only fit in one way and I have to find the correct rotation. This is particularly problematic for the caps because the lenses have indicator dots that can be matched. I wonder if you may be experiencing a similar problem to mine.
I have tried every rotation of all of the body caps that I have, trying to get them to fit smoothly on the R7 So far, no luck! I think I might have misplaced that body cap for the R7, because I noticed that I have one fewer body caps than I do Canon cameras!! :rolleyes:
The lens cap for my RF 100-500 fits very smoothly, so....
This just means that I really need to go through and organize my office!!!

I went on ebay and bought 3 sets of spares, (top and bottom then join them together) and they sit in my camera bag, (box), for such an occasion. Cheap too, just get your model.

The cap on the left in post #10 is the RF body cap. They only go on in one position, so you have to index the line with the lens alignment mark at the top. Then it's in place, the Canon logo is straight. This body cap has the fine knurling on the edge, wheres the EF body cap has coarser rounded knurling.

The RF cap fits the EF mount also, and doesn't require specific alignment on that. It will go on in any of the three orientations. I have EF-RF adapters on my cameras and use the RF caps on them.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back