Followers
Following
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I have had my RF 24-70mm f/2.8 and RF 24-70mm f/2.8 (and other lens as well) for quite a few year and for the past couple months I have had an issue with the lens hood on the 15-35 really hard to install and uninstall. I figured the was just a lot of debris build up or I had stripped the plastic 😯

I accidently got the hoods mixed up on a photo adventure. EW-88F and EW-88E . Problem solved.

Dean…

I'm sure you're not alone.

Most of my lenses have a 77mm filter thread, so it's easy for this to happen. And as for the pouches that go with L-series lenses: I never know which is the correct one! Lucky dip there, every time!

… David

Most of my lenses have a 77mm filter thread
I have the RF 70-200 and RF 100-500 and I don't usually switch then around out in the field as much as with the 82mm's. Of course I have managed not to mix the 82's and the 77's. 🤣

I am actually having an irritating problem that is sort of like this.... So, you know the cap that goes on your camera, over the lens attachment mount??? Well, I know I got one of those with my R7, but I kind of mixed it in amongst the ones for my other Canon cameras. And now, I cannot find one that fits well!!! I tried every single one I have on my R7, and they are all a funky fit. I have to really mess with it to get it on. It just doesn't seem right. Anyone else have this issue??
Yes, I know, I don't have the lens OFF of my R7 very often, but when I do, I'd like a cap that actually fit!!

I am actually having an irritating problem that is sort of like this.... So, you know the cap that goes on your camera, over the lens attachment mount??? Well, I know I got one of those with my R7, but I kind of mixed it in amongst the ones for my other Canon cameras. And now, I cannot find one that fits well!!! I tried every single one I have on my R7, and they are all a funky fit. I have to really mess with it to get it on. It just doesn't seem right. Anyone else have this issue??
Yes, I know, I don't have the lens OFF of my R7 very often, but when I do, I'd like a cap that actually fit!!
Anne, this is the one that came with my R7. PC-GF30. Do you have one like it?
600A6471.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 76.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 6400

Dean, thanks for enclosing a picture. No, I cannot find one that looks exactly like that.
Here's a photo of the one I have used, and it is different.
I will have to go through my accessories and see if mixed it up with one for a mkii or mkiv. But, they all have lenses on them nearly all the time! As you can see, the one I have now has slightly different lettering inside.
20230703_090101.jpg
  • SM-A526U
  • 5.2 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/24 sec
  • ISO 500

>PC-GF30< fits the R-series cameras. I checked with my 5 year old R and 2 year old R5 and that is the model used. Because all RF lenses fit any R-series cameras, then the Body Cap would be the same for all....otherwise the lenses wouldn't fit. The actual Canon Part number is R-F-5 (model R-F-4 is for the EOS M's and I "think" the R-F-3's were for DSLR's).

I do see that you have Version 2, but that shouldn't make a difference as your R7 is newer than either of mine.

Well, that makes sense, that the body cap would fit...
However, there is definitely a difference in how that cap fits my mkii and mkiv (very nicely, it just snicks into place!) versus how it fits onto the R7 ( I have to actually push it on to, and sort of into, the camera lens opening).
I have moved a whole bunch of things around in my office, and it's still in complete chaos, so I may look and see if I have yet another of those body caps, and if it's any different. :)

I suspect that >PC-GP30< does not identify the type of dust cap: it's on three entirely different RF dust caps (body, lens, & 1.4 extender) that I have.
… David

>PC-GP30<
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro back camera 6mm f/2
  • 6.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/165 sec
  • ISO 25

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back