I love my mirrorless but sunny day question

I also found that it’s easy to just push my glasses up on top of my head when shooting. If I need to change settings or review photos I simply pull them back down again. I always a little concerned they may fall off my head but so far no problems.
A neck strap for your glasses is equally effective.

I wear varifocal glasses with transition lenses and have no problems with the EVF in bright sunlight - and at the moment it's about as bright as it gets in the UK. It's worth bearing in mind that the view in the EVF reflects the image that will be taken - so if the camera settings are wildly out from what is required for a correct exposure you will see either a dark (for underexposure) or very light (overexposure) view in the EVF. Coming from a DSLR I was a bit taken aback when I first experienced a black EVF on my R6 until the penny dropped.

This is a problem I have suffered with as well. I've been wearing glasses since I was 6, and have used transition lenses the last 20 years or so. Once I switched to mirrorless a few years ago the darkness of the transition lenses started interfering with my ability to see the EVF properly, I tried out contacts for the first time, however due to severe astigmatism and a tendency for my left eye to drift (which glasses corrects) they weren't right for me. My final solution recently was when it was time for new glasses, I got two identical pairs, except one without transitions. I keep that pair in my camera bag and swap them out for when I'm shooting outdoors using the EVF.

I stopped wearing my photochromatic glasses ages ago and just use my "normal' ones all the time now. The prescription was meant to be the same but they are by no means identical perhaps because of where the varifocal split is placed. Dark glass can be very misleading as to the light you see, more so looking through the EVF I expect. I find the camera meter is the safest indicator for exposure most of the time.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back