Name
Mario Gonzalez
Let me begin with what equipment have.

Primary EOS R
Backup 5D Mark ii
Other Canon M6
Other Canon 7D

Lenses use Sigma 300mm
Sigma 70-200mm (This lens is over 10 years old slower on focus)
Tamron 24-70mm

What need help with. I have begun shooting sports again but am looking for a new or used camera that will do at least 10 FPS. The EOS R on the 300mm has been working for me but not enough FPS. I use to use the 7D but it has gotten very soft on all the focus have tried everything found on youtube to correct this but no luck. I am now looking to invest in a new camera and sell my older equipment. Budget will be about 2500 more or less. Can anyone suggest a camera out right now or soon to be in this price range that would work for sports probably take over as the primary and will use the EOS R for the sideline pics. I am shooting football, volleyball, and will be doing basketball and softball/baseball later on in year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Canon R6- 12 fps mechanical, 20 fps electronic shutter. Easy enough info to find online. Do not be thrown off by the mp count, it's the unsung working class R camera you might be looking for. This fits into your budget as well if sourced from someone like Gordon at Canon Price Watch using a Street Price order.

Let me begin with what equipment have.

Primary EOS R
Backup 5D Mark ii
Other Canon M6
Other Canon 7D

Lenses use Sigma 300mm
Sigma 70-200mm (This lens is over 10 years old slower on focus)
Tamron 24-70mm

What need help with. I have begun shooting sports again but am looking for a new or used camera that will do at least 10 FPS. The EOS R on the 300mm has been working for me but not enough FPS. I use to use the 7D but it has gotten very soft on all the focus have tried everything found on youtube to correct this but no luck. I am now looking to invest in a new camera and sell my older equipment. Budget will be about 2500 more or less. Can anyone suggest a camera out right now or soon to be in this price range that would work for sports probably take over as the primary and will use the EOS R for the sideline pics. I am shooting football, volleyball, and will be doing basketball and softball/baseball later on in year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I have a 7D Mark II I can sell. I was going to trade it toward a lens.

I like my R6 well enough that I’m wanting to buy a second one as soon as I can. I’m stuck with renting a second one for events that I shoot.

I moved from the 7D mk2 and the 5D mk 4 to the R6 and have no regrets what so ever. 90% of my photos are with the R6 and RF70-200. There is a bit of a learning curve, at least there was for me. But I love the camera and the lenses.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back