Lens purchase

I've used HDEW for years and found them great when there has been issues ... better than Park for example who made me feel awful with not one but two camera issues years back. They replaced them but made me feel like i was 'lucky'.

Fixation (Wex) the same with a 24-70 ... like it was me, despite clearly showing them evidence on images it wasn't ! They, like Park, replaced the items but I left with a bad taste in my mouth.

HDEW ... and Jessops .. no such issues. In respect of Jessops a camera with a fault replaced without question.

Now, HDEW, two lenses ... maybe 10 years apart ... same result - both replaced without question and far easier than Park or Fixation. An EF 24-70 which basically just wouldn't focus .. a straight replacement ... and an RF 15-35 which was very soft at 35 f2.8. I showed them images but they already believed me. The replacement was perfect.

HDEW as Grey import truly excellent. I have used them since 5D ii days and maybe 15 lenses / 6 cameras. Great company and based in Surrey.

Grey is not always cheaper - depends on the time. Wex currently £859 for an RF 24-240 ... HDEW not listed and Panamoz £930. Jessops £949. For that I would def stick to Wex or even Jessops as UK.

HDEW have been in business for a long time and I personally trust them - and I actually work for another of the major UK camera retailers ! Doesn't mean I can't respect them though !!

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back