Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jake Kurdsjuk
City/State
Washington, NJ
I thought I'd gotten on the waiting list at the usual place for the 200-800mm but I'm still waiting.

If anyone has a line on an available one at retail here in the States I'd much appreciate a heads up. I was hoping to have it while I'm still in FL.

Many stores in australia have one or two on hand interesting that not many in states

In the better late than never category, I got a call from my local dealer telling me my 200-800mm came in. I got it as I was starting to pack up my stuff at my Mom's place where I've been photographing the burrowing owls for the 3rd time this winter - the very thing I wanted the lens for. Got on the wait list before announcement so I'm guessing these are rare beasts here (a Canon pro rep I know doesn't have his yet).

I decided to look on the bright side in at least it would be here for my last 2 weeks in Florida before heading north and there's still plenty to shoot. Then I get an email from UPS saying the that "we were unable to dispatch the trailer on time - this may cause a delay". Ever since the tracking information just says "on the way - the delivery date will be as soon as possible".

I know, nothing but first world problems. I just hope it shows before I have to leave so I don't need to figure out how to divert a package. At least I'll be used to it by next year.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back