LrC 14 coming soon

Only RF

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Last year LrC 13 was released on Oct 10. I wonder what goodies we will get?

Adobe MAX starts today (14:00 BST) - so hopefully we'll be finding out very soon... :)

[Edit] - Well, there you go...

LrC 14.0 -

Interesting note - you can now 'Adobe Denoise' DNG files exported by DxO PhotoLab Elite... 😮

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 13.25.41.png

Meanwhile, Photoshop 26.0 -

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 13.12.18.png

Last edited:
Not a lot upgrades but this is not the first time when there has be a version upgrade. Adobe adds significant upgrades through the year. 13.3 is one example. They disabled the Neural Engine. From Rikk Flohr.

The speeds will return to 13.2 levels but the results - particularly in the quality of the deep shadow areas should improve dramatically. The decision to opt for better quality over modest speed improvements was made in favor of image quality.

From other sites. Apparently DXO and Topaz reported issues as well. I remember reading DXO had a colour issue and found a work around. That was a while ago.

Not a lot upgrades but this is not the first time when there has be a version upgrade. Adobe adds significant upgrades through the year. 13.3 is one example. They disabled the Neural Engine. From Rikk Flohr.

The speeds will return to 13.2 levels but the results - particularly in the quality of the deep shadow areas should improve dramatically. The decision to opt for better quality over modest speed improvements was made in favor of image quality.

From other sites. Apparently DXO and Topaz reported issues as well. I remember reading DXO had a colour issue and found a work around. That was a while ago.

Hi Only RF,

LrC Generative Remove seems much improved - on first glance/ initial tests - certainly fine for simple/ low volume tasks (after which we have Photoshop).

I'm much happier after I worked out my Loupedeck Applescripts were referencing 'Photoshop 2024' (now amended to 'Photoshop 2025')... 😅

Phil

LrC GR - Spot the differences...

RF-S-GR1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 6400

After which we have PS... :)

RF-S-GR2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 6400

Last edited:
Yes I have been watching a few videos about Generative Remove. There was a wedding photog that found it better.

Have you seen this? I can hardly wait it gets into LrC. In Camera RAW only. That will be big.

Non-Destructive Enhance (Technology Preview):​

Denoise, Raw, Details, and Super Resolution can now be applied non-destructively via the Detail panel. Theres is no longer requires making a need to create a new DNG file nor is there a separate window in which the adjustments are made. Instead, Enhance now works directly with the image in the main Camera Raw workspace.

After a new catalogue upgrade I never found it to difficult to find the old catalogue and components but I was always a little in edge to make sure I removed the correct stuff. I'd leave the old catalogue in a file on the desktop for a few days before deleting it.

The new process is much better. LrC puts the old stuff into an Old Lightroom Catalogs folder automatically. I was a little surprised the new catalogue still said 13-3. You can now rename the catalog. For consistency I checked the Rename Parent Folder box. Very cool feature. I like it a lot. :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back