Getting a bit frustrated with Canon's rollout of the 200-800mm

Well, over in the What Have You Bought thread I announced I put the lens on hold for now and got an R6 MKII for $1839 which includes tax and overnight shipping. So be it.

Panamoz had them in stock when I looked yesterday. I only ordered my 200-800 3,weeks ago and it arrived within the 10-14 days promised. Excellent company to deal with, highly recommended. You can’t pre order, keep watching and when in stock hit the buy button!
Got mine from Panamoz as well

Got mine from Panamoz as well
The stock issue is a US one, as I asked for help in tracking one down in December and heard from others that they could be found in Oz or the EU. The Panamoz price tacks a $400US premium on the lens as well as potential shipping charges, so it's all about how much you need one.

As for the Abe's comments, FFS the guy said he couldn't find one. If he wanted a reliable seller I'd have offered up mine. At a premium, of course.

Incredible the difference in price in the US, no wonder you can't find one! Mind you it's not easy here either. The base price without tax in the US is $1899 add shipping and taxes and it's $2358.95. Panamoz price including shipping and taxes paid is £2180 which is $2721. Just to demonstrate the maths Jake.
You guys get it so easy over there !!!!!

Last edited:
I had never heard of Panamoz before. It looks like they also ship from within the EU, so I will have to check them out. Thanks for mentioning them as a source.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back