Mac Sequoia (15) released today

Only RF

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Not sure where to post this. I don't run a lot of 3rd party apps, etc.

Travel device. 2020 MacBook Air is running fine on Sequoia. LrC, PS, Canon DPP all working but can't say if there is a glitch somewhere yet. Adobe Denoise AI is still 25 seconds for 24mp file. It was 85 seconds before Apple fixed the neural engine and Adobe updated with 13.3 (I think)

2019 iMac intel is running fine. LrC, PS, Canon DPP all working. I sent a file from LrC to Topaz Sharpen AI which has not had an update since 2022 and it worked. My new very basic HP printer is working. Carbon Copy Cloner and CCProfliler (Calibrite) opened.

Mac calendar has a different look to it but all the events are there.

If I come across anything I'll post. If there are any glitches with Adobe products I'll post. The Lightroom Queen will have stuff quickly.

Mac Studio updated, and running well. Haven't used LrC in earnest yet, but it launches and seems to behave as expected. iPad Pro (oldish) and iPhone 13 Pro also updated to iOS 18 without drama, but haven't attempted any of the customising yet. Apparently you can set 3rd-party camera apps to open from the Lock Screen on iPhone. Being able to control the phone from the Mac screen is neat.

If I find any issues I'll also post.

I didn’t start that phone thingy up from the screen yet. I’ll do that. Thanks

I have a much upgraded 2019 Mac Pro and have been running the Developer Betas of Sequoia for many months. Other than a couple of early issues, it has been very stable for me. All the issues I had with third party apps have been addressed. I'm a happy camper(y)

Lou

I have a much upgraded 2019 Mac Pro and have been running the Developer Betas of Sequoia for many months. Other than a couple of early issues, it has been very stable for me. All the issues I had with third party apps have been addressed. I'm a happy camper(y)

Lou
Great to know. Thanks! I used to wait for a few weeks but the last 3 upgrades I did on the same day as the release. I know there bugs but I've never had any. I figure this will be our last OS upgrade so may as well get the whole year out of it. I was not sure if our Intels would get it but they did. I have read some of the AI stuff will be limited but I'm OK with that.

If it our last as you know we get two more years of security support after the last OS version you can run. However by this time next year I'll think I'll start looking into an M chip. I'm disappointed they stopped making 27" units. I have seen 3rd party software which lets you use a Mac as a monitor so many a Mini or something like that. We'll see. It needs the RAM for all the AI and more will come. I made sure I got 8GB of VRAM in 2019 for the iMac. Got it with 8GB RAM and upgraded to 64 myself.

Now it's unified memory. My 2020, 16GB RAM Air M1 is faster at pretty much everything compared to my iMac.

I have seen 3rd party software which lets you use a Mac as a monitor so many a Mini or something like that.
That would be cool; I have two 27" iMacs which are getting old. I know it's not possible within the Apple system but I would do that if I could. The Mini is a really cool device; I got one for my dad recently and it rocks.

That would be cool; I have two 27" iMacs which are getting old. I know it's not possible within the Apple system but I would do that if I could. The Mini is a really cool device; I got one for my dad recently and it rocks.
Thanks! I will consider it. Maybe sooner.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back